Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couture Could Fight Lesnar In November, Emelianenko In Early-2009 ..... and more!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couture Could Fight Lesnar In November, Emelianenko In Early-2009 ..... and more!!!

Couture Could Fight Lesnar In November, Emelianenko In Early-2009 ..... and more!!!

Chris Insinna

UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture may be on the verge of resolving his contract dispute with the UFC and could return in November to take on heavyweight contender Brock Lesnar in the main event of UFC 91.

Additionally, if he gets past the former collegiate and professional wrestler Couture’s hopes of fighting Fedor Emelianenko could become a reality in early-2009.

The latest developments, on the heals of Friday’s news that Couture would be willing to return to the UFC.

If an agreement is in fact reached the new deal, which would replace Couture’s previous contract and result in the UFC dropping all breach of contract claims against the UFC hall of famer, could be announced as early as Tuesday.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*** Light heavyweight free agent Tito Ortiz confirmed on the latest edition of HDNet’s “Inside MMA” that he is currently in negotiations with Affliction, EliteXC, and the UFC.

*** A future bout between UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and WEC middleweight champion Paulo Filho may be a possibility according the fighter’s managers, Ed Soares, but it would reportedly be a “uphill battle” to convince them to accept the bout.

*** The UFC and CBS are reportedly again in talks, this time to have the UFC take over EliteXC’s Saturday time slot on the network.

I thought Ortiz was already on Affliction's next show against Babalu?

Why would Viacom have one of their networks create an MMA organization specifically to air on its channel and then negotiate with the main competitor/industry leader?

And why would Couture be willing to fight Lesnar?

what site are you getting this from?

Comment

He should fight Emelianenko first. I have no interest in seeing him fight the big monkey that Lesnar is.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
        He should fight Emelianenko first. I have no interest in seeing him fight the big monkey that Lesnar is.
        I can't see there being a "first" - if he fights Fedor, I imagine he'd be "retired" and there wouldn't be much left for Lesnar to throw around and ground and pound......

Comment

Working...
        X