Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Can Guillermo Rigondeaux Finish His Run at 122?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
    I disagree. He suffered alot of mental damage. He got embarrassed after all that talking he did and quit. If you quit once there is a good chance you won't be the same fighter and you might do it again when things don't go your way.
    Maybe you’re right. Maybe there is some mental damage there. I just think Rigo doesn’t give a shit. Lol In my opinion, it’s his physical state that’ll play a role going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Maybe you’re right. Maybe there is some mental damage there. I just think Rigo doesn’t give a shit. Lol In my opinion, it’s his physical state that’ll play a role going forward.
      Am with you 100%

Comment

Rigo is 38 now. And as disgusting as his outing versus Loma was, one positive thing came of it: he suffered no damage. In fact, he’s never suffered any damage. The little guy just might have enough left in the tank to beat everyone at 122.
        He’s definitely the most skilled boxer at 122. The only issue now is there’s always going to be questions about his mentality. Saying that I probably wouldn’t pick against him against any of the 122 lb champs.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          He’s definitely the most skilled boxer at 122. The only issue now is there’s always going to be questions about his mentality. Saying that I probably wouldn’t pick against him against any of the 122 lb champs.
          The only motivator I can see is money, sheer financial need. Rigo squandered his career, and now he’s near what’s left of it. He’s gotta squeeze a few fights in before the end, and that means he’s gotta keep winning. We’ll see.

Comment

The only motivator I can see is money, sheer financial need. Rigo squandered his career, and now he’s near what’s left of it. He’s gotta squeeze a few fights in before the end, and that means he’s gotta keep winning. We’ll see.
            Agreed bro. What are your thoughts on Ramirez turning pro? He’s a special talent, I’m not sure he’s a natural featherweight though

Comment

WTF is Rigo doing this on purpose trying to be are exciting or is he shot? Never seen him just stand there and take so many shots.

Comment

Agreed bro. What are your thoughts on Ramirez turning pro? He’s a special talent, I’m not sure he’s a natural featherweight though
                I watched Robeisy compete in two Olympics, and caught some of his WSB fights. Not sure what to think about him yet. Obviously he’s very good; he’s got skills and an aggressive nature that I like. But it’s often tricky to predict how someone will transition to the pros. (I consider WSB fights something like “semi-pro.”) Ramirez is listed at 5’5”, a height that lends itself to the weight. I don’t foresee a problem; but he’ll probably be stuck at that weight for the rest of his career, which sucks. Everyone wants to see a top fighter move up, but some just can’t...like Rigo. Anyway, I’m excited to see how Robeisy turns out. Been waiting on him for a while.

Comment

Funny title. Rigo is a quitter not a finisher.

Comment

I watched Robeisy compete in two Olympics, and caught some of his WSB fights. Not sure what to think about him yet. Obviously he’s very good; he’s got skills and an aggressive nature that I like. But it’s often tricky to predict how someone will transition to the pros. (I consider WSB fights something like “semi-pro.”) Ramirez is listed at 5’5”, a height that lends itself to the weight. I don’t foresee a problem; but he’ll probably be stuck at that weight for the rest of his career, which sucks. Everyone wants to see a top fighter move up, but some just can’t...like Rigo. Anyway, I’m excited to see how Robeisy turns out. Been waiting on him for a while.
                    Yeah I’m a big fan. I watched him live in London and have followed him ever since. Just purely based on his amateur weight class I expected him to turnover at bantamweight. Maybe he’s developed physically in recent years. He’s one to watch for sure, looking forward to the debut.

Comment

Yeah I’m a big fan. I watched him live in London and have followed him ever since. Just purely based on his amateur weight class I expected him to turnover at bantamweight. Maybe he’s developed physically in recent years. He’s one to watch for sure, looking forward to the debut.
                      Did you catch the Rigo fight? I only saw a clip. I understand he fought in a completely different style, a more crowd-pleasing approach. What a finish. The guy has always had serious power, something few people knew about because he fights so defensively.

Comment

Working...
                      X