Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does boxing increase facial bone density?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does boxing increase facial bone density?

could repeated impact to someones face cause someones bones to adapt and actually increase density/size? Take a look at all of the best boxers, kickboxers, mma guys..etc. they all usually have a square jaw shape compared to a narrow jaw. It also seems like their heads are bigger and eyebrow bones/cheekbones protrude more. Could this be because they were born that way and that facial structure gave them an advantage? or could it be because they've been blasted in the face so many times that their body has adapted and increased bone density.

I believe u may be onto something here.

That's the same technique used with muay thai fighters that repeatedly kick the tree with their shins to make them stronger. I suppose it works for the legs. So why not the face?....

Great perspective.

Comment

its genetics u idiot, do u see people hitting their faces up against trees?

Comment

So ur saying that guys that take chops at the trees w/ their legs are naturally born with strong bones?....

That's ridiculous! U bafoon!

Lets let a muay thai fighter and you both kick a bamboo tree! We'll see who has the stronger bones!

Comment

the face is differnet from your shins

Repeated blows to the face may result in brain damage. You dont want to be intentionally hitting your face thinking it's going to make you stronger

Comment

*bashes face on tree*

Comment

Originally posted by Cyse View Post
              So ur saying that guys that take chops at the trees w/ their legs are naturally born with strong bones?....

That's ridiculous! U bafoon!

Lets let a muay thai fighter and you both kick a bamboo tree! We'll see who has the stronger bones!
              ok then, so ur supporting a theory that says that if you repeatedly hit your jaw line against a tree it is going to grow big and stronger?
              mate i think that is ridiculous and u r infact the bafoon

Comment

I don't know for sure, but my thinking is boxers you're citing with the facial structure are that way from getting blasted in the face over a career.

If you watch the Tyson documentery, the camera is basically right on his face the whole movie, then pay attention to his face when they show him when he was younger. That protruding brown and facial features he has now looks like a career boxer from getting hit. Same with Holyfield's face, and others.

No matter what it is a REALLY bad idea to hit yourself in the head and face for some kind of "conditioning." You will get brain damage. You will condition yourself into literally bruising your brain. Like someone else said, your shin is one thing, thats a bone in your leg, your head houses your brain - you will hurt yourself in a bad way, at least thats the way I think about it.

Comment

Instead of wondering how you can take a better shot, why not work on your defense and slip skills, that way you won't have to take those shots =)

None the less, I am sure bones that have been beaten over and over will get more dense, probably with some sort of calcium build up.

I fractured my right hand in a fight and it never healed correctly(Does not hurt or anything), and there is a definite bump above where the actual fracture was. Doctors have told me it will go away with time, and is nothing but a calcium buildup from the bones repairing.

But I wouldn't go smacking myself or bashing a tree in hopes of accomplishing this!

Comment

Originally posted by Eshays! View Post
                    ok then, so ur supporting a theory that says that if you repeatedly hit your jaw line against a tree it is going to grow big and stronger?
                    mate i think that is ridiculous and u r infact the bafoon
                    Listen here you cantankerous moron! I merely 'speculated' at the possibility of this. I never wrote anywhere that bashing ur head on a bamboo tree was the best option.

I only made a reference...

I ought to red k you for making assumptions.

Comment

Working...
                    X