No announcement yet.

Colleges for boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colleges for boxing?

How do you become a boxer in college boxing roster?

This is one in my state, that I didn't even know I had.

http://students.washington.edu/boxin...&action=roster

Never mind, I clearly didn't read far enough into this website. It's still cool that you can be a boxer for a COLLEGE.

Would it ever be worth it?
    Last edited by pigdestroyer; 01-19-2009, 09:36 PM.

i had the same problem a while ago but it turns out their are a lot of colleges around who have boxing teams

nice av to man

Comment

USF University San Francisco got a boxing program. They're all weak though.
      Think about it, how can a boxer excel in boxing when they got to study all freakin day. Then again, they can do it for recreational purposes. That's not my style though. With the exception of school, if you're gonna do it, do it right.

Egg-heads boxing? Sheesh...maybe they should protect their brain instead and enjoy the confinement of their safe little academic world.

From what i'm observed, college kids and boxing don't mix.

But hey, if a college kid wants to box, more power to them.

Comment

Squabbles, I got respect for you bro, but that's silly. Most boxing gyms are set up to get kids interested in boxing and SCHOOL. My coaches always advocate working hard in both departments and so do most coaches in any sport. Who says you can't be smart and be a boxer? Juan Diaz is a college student and a boxer and he's damn good. College kids can make good boxers because they know how to work hard. I am a boxer and a college student and let me tell you, I find working hard in school a lot harder than working out in the gym. I love boxing, but I know that college is very important for my future. Saying college and boxing don't mix is a joke statement. You have to be a well rounded individual. If boxing doesn't work out, what are you going to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
          Think about it, how can a boxer excel in boxing when they got to study all freakin day. Then again, they can do it for recreational purposes. That's not my style though. With the exception of school, if you're gonna do it, do it right.

Egg-heads boxing? Sheesh...maybe they should protect their brain instead and enjoy the confinement of their safe little academic world.

In your signature, you have one of the best quotes I have ever read. "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."

Do you realize the extent of your OWN ignorance?

Dumb ******, poppin off at the mouth about **** he doesn't even understand.

Comment

Originally posted by kryo View Post
            In your signature, you have one of the best quotes I have ever read. "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."

Right...you must be a college kid.

Do you even know what USF is?

Stay in school kid and stay out of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by rmz View Post
              Squabbles, I got respect for you bro, but that's silly. Most boxing gyms are set up to get kids interested in boxing and SCHOOL. My coaches always advocate working hard in both departments and so do most coaches in any sport. Who says you can't be smart and be a boxer? Juan Diaz is a college student and a boxer and he's damn good. College kids can make good boxers because they know how to work hard. I am a boxer and a college student and let me tell you, I find working hard in school a lot harder than working out in the gym. I love boxing, but I know that college is very important for my future. Saying college and boxing don't mix is a joke statement. You have to be a well rounded individual. If boxing doesn't work out, what are you going to do?
              I hear ya...but two things that i've ever known...school and training. I don't fcukin even like school. I'm at State, and i still don't consider it college.

What i'm sayin is that excelling in college and excelling in boxing are two en****** that requires an enormous amount of dedication and super hard work. College kids? I just don't see it.

Sure they got programs to introduce the sport and all that, but from what i've seen it's hard for me to take college kids seriously when it comes to training. You can play baseball. You can play football. You can play basketball. You don't play boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by kryo View Post

Wussup kid? So riddle me this: in a show featuring USF college boxers vs. kids from other schools; why is it that all the USF kids got scrapped? 9 out of 11 lost, and lost bad. It's probably because they're so smart. The 2 that did win didn't even go to USF.

Stay in school kid where it's safe. Spend your parents' money. Go to keggers and chase trim. It's a cold world, i'd hate to see you get eaten up out there.

Comment

it really has nothing to do with being in school... if you want to be a boxer and your in college it shouldnt be hard to find 2 hours a day to put towards boxing.

if guys can do that its not cause they are in college they just arent really into boxing.

But to say that college and boxing cant coexist is just ridiculous

Comment

Wussup kid? So riddle me this: in a show featuring USF college boxers vs. kids from other schools; why is it that all the USF kids got scrapped? 9 out of 11 lost, and lost bad. It's probably because they're so smart. The 2 that did win didn't even go to USF.

Stay in school kid where it's safe. Spend your parents' money. Go to keggers and chase trim. It's a cold world, i'd hate to see you get eaten up out there.
                    LOL. I've been boxing for over four years now, started in high school. I don't even know what the **** your trying to prove here. Are you saying that school-run boxing programs are flops? If that's the case, then sure, USF might blow. Unfortunately, I don't train, nor have I ever trained, at a collegiate boxing program. Does it make you mad to know that other people have learned how to balance there life and create the most out of both worlds?

Sorry, I must have overlooked the "must not give a **** about education" rule when I signed up to "play boxing".

Edit: It brings warmth to my heart knowing that at 26 years old, you will never amount to anything inside the ring. Should have went to college, brah.

Comment

Working...
                    X