Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Klitschko brothers change the game?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the Klitschko brothers change the game?

The Klit brothers have domintated the heavyweight division for like a decade now. Some say it's because it's a weak era. I agree to a certain extent, but the main reason why they've been so successful is because of their size combined with great boxing skills. Their opponents just can't figure out how to deal with these skillful brothers who happens to be GIANTS.

Now this new generation of HW boxers make their move and some of the most hyped up boxers out there right now are David Price (6'8) Tyson Fury (6'9) Deontay Wilder (6'7) Helenius (6'7). Even if these boxers never make it all the way....Do you think they at least are representing the new heavyweight norm in size??

Will we ever see boxers the size of Tyson and Holyfield to be able to compete at the highest level again.....or is this what we have to get used to in the future? That pretty much all the top HW boxers will continue to be like 6'7 250 pounds??

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    The Klit brothers have domintated the heavyweight division for like a decade now. Some say it's because it's a weak era. I agree to a certain extent, but the main reason why they've been so successful is because of their size combined with great boxing skills. Their opponents just can't figure out how to deal with these skillful brothers who happens to be GIANTS.

Now this new generation of HW boxers make their move and some of the most hyped up boxers out there right now are David Price (6'8) Tyson Fury (6'9) Deontay Wilder (6'7) Helenius (6'7). Even if these boxers never make it all the way....Do you think they at least are representing the new heavyweight norm in size??

Will we ever see boxers the size of Tyson and Holyfield to be able to compete at the highest level again.....or is this what we have to get used to in the future? That pretty much all the top HW boxers will continue to be like 6'7 250 pounds??
    We don't know until we see a great boxer like HOlyfield again and than see how he does against Fury/Price etc.

The issue is the gap between the 'big four' of SHWS and the rest is miles wide.

Big 4
    Lewis
    K2
    Bowe

the rest

The skill gap between the first four and the likes of Fury/Mccline/Grant and all those other super heavys of the past and today is surreal. So maybe Lennox and K2 are just glitches rather than norm.

Comment

Americans are a non factor in HW boxing now
      the European dudes are all giants
      the new era of HW's is skilled with amateur pedigrees and all that
      but they're just too big and slow to produce a lot of fireworks
      of the bunch, the Klits are by far the best, not only big, but good
      don't think there will be anymore guys Tyson/Holyfield size running HW

Comment

i guarantee u if we had somebody like holyfield or tyson we would know it and they would give the klits hell just like an old semi retired lewis did. Fact is the standard is sucky ... i mean who have their opponents been lately ... thompson, mormeck haye charr wach - the klits are top class guys in an otherwise lousy division but there does seem to be a little up and coming talent at last
        Last edited by Daddy T; 12-20-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

I cant take any HW serious who doesnt have a inside game, if a good HW from the past were here in this era i have no doubt Wlad would have been knocked out a few more times by now. The HW's of today both american and european are in poor shape (not the kilts), dont really have any skills, or the basic fundamentals on how to slip the jab, many have no heart. You look at the old HW's they were in great shape, and had heart.

I however give credit to young Vitali, he would have caused a problem for a lot of HW's, but he would also have lost a few fights.
          Last edited by FrankieBruno; 12-20-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

A prime Holyfield was no joke. I believe either Klitschko would do much better against Lewis than they would have against a young Evander. Holyfield more than held his own with Bowe and Lewis. Bowe, for what it's worth, had a great inside game for a big guy, much better than the Klitschko's, and he could not neutralize Holyfield for the most part.

Tyson, contrary to popular opinion, would have struggled badly with either Klitschko. Tyson's biggest problem as a fighter was once he got to a certain point he did not like to fight on the inside and would allow himself to be tied up quite easily. More than a few guys who couldn't hold Wlad's jock were able to frustrate him this way and James Douglas showed that a big guy with an accurate jab could basically hit him at will and then smother the return fire.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
              i guarantee u if we had somebody like holyfield or tyson we would know it and they would give the klits hell just like an old semi retired lewis did. Fact is the standard is sucky ... i mean who have their opponents been lately ... thompson, mormeck haye charr wach - the klits are top class guys in an otherwise lousy division but there does seem to be a little up and coming talent at last
              Yeah...Hopefully someone as good as Holy or Tyson will come along in the near future so we can see just how much damaged a small very talented HW can do against these giants.

Comment

Working...
              X