No announcement yet.

floyd and golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icha View Post
    yeah, why fight canelo when ggg was unknown and 160 was stacked with nothing but mediocre fighters... how is this so hard to understand right ?
    if you are trying to make a point, you failed.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
      if you are trying to make a point, you failed.
      my point is a canelo(loser) fight at 154 was worth ten times more than anything he had available at 160 ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz View Post
        Canelo lost to Mayweather as many aspiring future young stars lost to old experienced champs in their prime; the point is that Golovkin was also somehow in his prime and would have smashed Mayweather out. Floyd was very smart that time and still is very smart. He would be even smarter if he didn't say gibberish about him being better than Ali was.
        Floyd wasn't in his prime though. In fact, far from it. Comparing Floyd to Floyd he hasn't been great at 147 and looked worse any time he added the weight to fight over 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          yeah I know

I just find it funny when golovkins fanboys have the audacity to question why anyone would dare question the great golovkin or bag on him....it cracks me up "oh u mus be from the demographic...go smoke crack toofless"..lol.....I mean golovkins career has so many friggin holes yet these guys act as if hes infallible or beyond reproach

"oh u mus be black and hate on all white fighters"....yeah man that's it lol
          Stop saying "Golovkin fans" this shhh happens with many other fighters fanbases. This is literally a thing among boxing fans, all critiquing people for not fighting who they want. Boxing fans have a certain level of entitlement that often defies normal logic. Hell we've seen dudes dominate an opponent for 36 full minutes and get criticized for it, we've seen fighters go out on their shield and get criticized for it, we've seen people try to make fights and get called a ducker.

Comment

I wouldn't expect any kind of objectivity from the average Golovkin fan. He attracts a particularly weak fanbase with masculinity issues. They aren't really concerned with the sport. They're more concerned about their boy winning and living vicariously through him to make up for their insecurities in real life.

Comment

my point is a canelo(loser) fight at 154 was worth ten times more than anything he had available at 160 ...
              155 actually, for Golovkin's MW title. The fight eventually happened anyway and predictably for more money. Canelo could not make 154 indefinitely, he had to move to 160. I think everybody in both camps knew this and also knew that eventually Canelo would have to meet Golovkin at 160, the official MW limit.

So if your point is that Golovkin should have given in to a ridiculous demand to fight at 155 for the 160 title, for short money, I think it's a weak point.
              Last edited by 4truth; 01-31-2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

When you claim you are TBE and Roberto Duran did far greater you have no right claiming you are TBE . Top 20 is fair to say

Comment

154 try again drained 152 fight

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    When you claim you are TBE and Roberto Duran did far greater you have no right claiming you are TBE . Top 20 is fair to say
                    Duran I think has to be in any credible top 10. I have him just outside the top 5. I think top 20 is far too generous to Mayweather or any recent fighter. All things considered I'd have him between 40-50 I'd say and just slightly behind Pacquaio who's done more things that I'd consider slightly more unprecedented (relative to era).

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                      155 actually, for Golovkin's MW title. The fight eventually happened anyway and predictably for more money. Canelo could not make 154 indefinitely, he had to move to 160. I think everybody in both camps knew this and also knew that eventually Canelo would have to meet Golovkin at 160, the official MW limit.

So if your point is that Golovkin should have given in to a ridiculous demand to fight at 155 for the 160 title, for short money, I think it's a weak point.
                      after canelo fought floyd he could have fought at 154, he did that for liam smith not long ago, but then ggg decided to stay fighting mediocre opposition at his comfortable zone cuz he knew the guys from lower division will eventually have to come up, so he waits for this to happen despite bragging for years he will beat anyone from 154 to 168, and then when the fights happen his fanbase accuses the guys coming up in weight for wating for ggg to get old...
                      my point still stand, right after canelo lost to floyd, canelo was 10 times better option than anything available for ggg, but you claim it was ridiculous demand since it was outside gggs perpetual comfort zone(160)... anyone from 154 to 168 lol...

Comment

Working...
                      X