Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is more physically demanding -Boxing or MMA title fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goblin View Post
    The Answer is BOXER and theres 3 reasons why:

1.You gotta train for fighting for 36min in boxing and 25min in mma.

2.You u have to stand on your feet in boxing..In mma u can lie down on top of the other guy and take breathers..FOR GOD SAKES U SEE IT IN VIRTUALLY EVERY FIGHT..

4.Gloves..A boxer gloves are ofcourse naturally bigger then mma gloves and it takes a boxer longer to end a fight with bigger padded gloves..

Dont give me that bull**** "well theres more styles u have in mma so its harder bla bla bla"..Ive been watchin since the early days and i'll be the first one to tell u that when a guy is twisting a man arm...hes twisting a mans arm!!!....And thats it!! he's not doin anything too special.. in mma they have 92 different names for a headlock for **** sakes..Yes i know that theres different styles etc etc but the fact remains that mma guys take CONSTANT breathers throughout the fight gets to lay on top of each other while a boxer has to stand up every second of the fight, and boxers get broken up by the ref literally in seconds whenever they do lean on another..

MMA loses this one!!! Boxing wins by fatality!!!!!
    I don't buy the gloves excuse, the padding over the knuckles is nearly identical in both gloves, it simply comes down to MMA fighters not needing a chin to be successful. Boxers with bad chins get weeded out fairly quickly, and never make it too the top. That doesn't happen in MMA. The level of standup is so pathetic that guys with week chins can slide right on up to the top.

Comment

According to ESPN, boxing is the most difficult sport in the world.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills
      Last edited by Silencers; 01-31-2009, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        I don't buy the gloves excuse, the padding over the knuckles is nearly identical in both gloves, it simply comes down to MMA fighters not needing a chin to be successful. Boxers with bad chins get weeded out fairly quickly, and never make it too the top. That doesn't happen in MMA. The level of standup is so pathetic that guys with week chins can slide right on up to the top.
        really? crap i didnt even know that..i always just assumed that boxers have bigger gloves then mma fighters..im actually quite surprised if youre right

Comment

your asking this question in a boxing forum so your answer is boxing.

But with an unbiased view i would say in a general sense MMA is more physically demanding, but really it just depends on the circumstances different trainers call for more work than others and some fight call for more work than others

The only variable is that boxers take a lot more punches than MMA fighters
          Last edited by Danny Gunz; 01-31-2009, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
            According to ESPN, boxing is the toughest sport in the world.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills
            that article also says baseball is tougher then rugby

Comment

Originally posted by boxer Q21 View Post
              The article is about which sport is most difficult not tougher. Baseball is a much more skilled sport than rugby. Hitting a baseball at 95 mph is considered one of the hardest thing to do in all of sport.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer Q21 View Post
                I was wrong to type out toughest, it was meant to be the most difficult sport in the world, hitting a baseball is very difficult to do and it was the only survey I could find. I can't really answer the question from a personal standpoint because I never did MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Ron View Post
                  The article is about which sport is most difficult not tougher. Baseball is a much more skilled sport than rugby. Hitting a baseball at 95 mph is considered one of the hardest thing to do in all of sport.
                  my bad my bad i thought it was tougher

Comment

Working...
                  X