View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 08:14 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1391 Post(s)
Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,000,162,151.56
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas one of the greats - jas 
Keep'in them real - jaded nice post - lefthook2daliva Top Rated Consistant Poster - ironmt 

False! Its a mistake to square off if you do it you need to step out to the side of the opponent so your not in a bad position. As I said get a friend to give you light pushes on your shoulders, chest, hips etc you need to be balanced!! Check the width of your feet and if your to deep in the knees or to bent forward in the waist!!! Do these tests and then talk further!
I just rechecked your video you have your chin off your chest and in the air you need your punch to be more in front of your body raising up. Your shoulders need to be in your punches too!! This is the most difficult technique to learn when teaching how to gain power by sitting down on your punches. Can't really help you without demonstrating the shoulders involvment but you need to learn it. Most Mexican fighters who have old school trainers learn that technique first because it needs to be part of the punch and its not a natural movement. I'll see if I have some videos that can demo it for you. For now BALANCE! Ray
Ray Corso is offline   Reply With Quote