No announcement yet.

Canelo cheered for ducking IBF mandatory, GGG jeered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    It says he was paid more than $5million for GGG in that ESPN report. What I read was that he turned down $5million for Canelo, and ended up getting $5.5million for GGG.
    Yeah my bad, it does say "more than 5 million" but doesn't give a specific amount. What would you have done? 5 million for a chance at 3 belts or 5.5 million for a shot at 1 title?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Derevyanchenko was paid more by GGG than he was offered by Canelo.
      Conversation

Dan Rafael

danrafaelespn

Purses for Saturday night's vacant middleweight title fight at New York's Madison Square Garden: Gennadiy Golovkin $15 million ($7.5M in cash, $7.5M in DAZN parent company equity), Sergiy Derevyanchenko $4 million but he is guaranteed $5.2 million.

Comment

$5.5 million for one because if he beats GGG he demands an insane payday for a Canelo fight

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Yeah my bad, it does say "more than 5 million" but doesn't give a specific amount. What would you have done? 5 million for a chance at 3 belts or 5.5 million for a shot at 1 title?

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
          $5.5 million for one because if he beats GGG he demands an insane payday for a Canelo fight
          Yeah but if he beat Canelo he'd make a boatload in the rematch.

What did you think of the GGG vs Derevyenchenko fight? Who did you have winning?

Comment

I scored it 116-111 SD. I thought he got robbed.

Yeah but if he beat Canelo he'd make a boatload in the rematch.

What did you think of the GGG vs Derevyenchenko fight? Who did you have winning?

Comment

I scored it 116-111 SD. I thought he got robbed.
              Ok. I had it the same as 2 of the judges, 115-112, but for Derev. And that's me trying to give GGG rounds

Comment

He didn't have both offers on the table at the same time to pick and choose like that though. It looked like he was trying to use his mando position to play hardball with Canelo, but Canelo was either too greedy or just didn't fancy the fight.

Comment

Andre Ward can’t punch. He knocked Kovalev out.

Eleider Alvarez can’t punch. He knocked Kovalev out.

Anthony Yarde has no amateur experience and only 18 pro fights. Kovalev’s trainer admits he almost stopped the fight.

Any top five fighter 160-200 would knock Kovalev out.
                  this can't be a serious post

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                    quit talking nonsense ggg elected to fight vanes as a late replacement instead of his mandatory derevyanchenko the ibf told him he had to fight derevyanchenko in 90 days after vanes and ggg refused so they stripped him of the belt
                    Dont believe me look it up..
                    Pretty much exactly what I said happened. Just your interpretation is completely off.

Comment

GGG was obviously whispering in Chenko's ear promising to top Canelo's offer, however inflated. GGG had no interest in facing the other title holders and essentially bought a crack at the vacant belt against a guy he probably thought was tailor made on paper. Chenko, for his part, likely viewed GGG as the more beatable opponent and figured with a win he could command an even bigger payday vs Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X