Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

havent seen it yet, logan was a damn good movie. i casually watched the last thor and justice league recently. i rarely watch super hero movies, thor was meh, justice league was trash

Comment

Black Panther is not a bad movie at all.. It's actually pretty good in that it accomplishes exactly what an action/superhero movie should: It grabs your imagination, holds your attention, has good action scenes, a good story/plot-line, etc..

It's not the masterpiece some are making it out to be or anything, but it's worth watching.

I could critique it, common complaints like lack of character development, a bit over the top/corny, and a little bit of cringe here and there.

Comment

i havent watched it yet, but like many people have pointed out already the response from some people is really crazy. its just a movie, even if it is an overrated pile of ****. why do you care so much?

and the whole "its only getting credit because it has a black cast" thing is just as crazy. black films get under rated, not over rated. unless there is a slavery theme of course.

black films are always getting snubbed for awards and overlooked. while they throw white protagonists in damn near everything. Movie about the extraction of Diamonds in africa? put a white guy in the lead. the last samurai? white guy. the life of edi amin, lets make up a fictional white guy who never existed and call the Movie the last king of Scotland. lol..

you put a black guy in star wars and white folks lose their minds. put two black characters in a white dominated movie based on the book in which those characters are black and the author confirms that they are black (hunger games). and somehow white people lose their minds.

how many practically all white superhero Movies have we had by now? there is one predominantly black one and again, people lose their minds.

and it is somehow because the world is blackwashed (not even a real word as far as i know) as opposed to whitewashed.

crazy..

like i said i havent seen the movie. expecting it like most things wildly praised by some while equally critisized by others.. to be somewhere in the middle.

Comment

The blame for all the hype and virtue signaling can be attributed to one entity: the leftist media. I took my kids to watch the movie because we watch comic book movies. They're cool and fun. I grew up on comics and still collect some now that I have the money to collect high scoring graded issues...anyhow, I can tell you the Black Panther is and always has been a fringe charater, nearly always in a support role with the Avengers. He was never mainstream. He was an ant-man type fringe character. Now, if you listen/watch/read the virtue signaling leftist media, they'll have you believe this movie breaks down walls, obliterates barriers yada yada yada when at the end of the day, it's just a pretty decent marvel movie telling an in depth story about an intriguing fringe character.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
            Black Panther is not a bad movie at all.. It's actually pretty good in that it accomplishes exactly what an action/superhero movie should: It grabs your imagination, holds your attention, has good action scenes, a good story/plot-line, etc..

It's not the masterpiece some are making it out to be or anything, but it's worth watching.

I could critique it, common complaints like lack of character development, a bit over the top/corny, and a little bit of cringe here and there.
            I disagree. I got into comics for the unmatched unbridled visceral intensity.

The best graphic novels are pure unhinged imagination unleashed. Violence and sex and emotion and mind****s so deep and so extreme that you feel it in your stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
              I disagree. I got into comics for the unmatched unbridled visceral intensity.

The best graphic novels are pure unhinged imagination unleashed. Violence and sex and emotion so extreme that you feel it in your stomach.
              I'm not expert on comics, nor graphic novels. I'm not even a film expert. I just enjoy watching movies from time to time, and know the basic components that make a good film for me.

What did I say that was different, doe?? I just said it's about imagination, action scenes, and enjoying a good plot. Or are you saying BP FAILED to accomplish grabbing the imagination, and good action scenes, etc..

I'm not really sure what we're disagreeing about - sounds like we both have similar components we look.

Also, isn't Black Panther a comic, or is it a graphic novel?

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                Its just a movie. There thousands of **** movies every yr. Whats really amazing is how grown men watch fookin super hero movies lol.
                Red - innit?

Comment

The point is the movie fucking sucked. Blade is the only great black superhero movie and maybe spawn. Black panther is/was and forever will be garbage and a bunch of cholos dressed in flowery lesbian shirts trying to be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
                    I'm not expert on comics, nor graphic novels. I'm not even a film expert. I just enjoy watching movies from time to time, and know the basic components that make a good film for me.

What did I say that was different, doe?? I just said it's about imagination, action scenes, and enjoying a good plot.

Also, isn't Black Panther a comic, or is it a graphic novel?
                    I just made the point because I'm in strong opposition of the direction comic book movies are going.

I also brought up Logan because that was one movie that was a step in the right direction.

Genericness and mediocrity are poison to any artform and to me graphic novels are an artform.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                      Thats a good question haha. Im 40 now and when i was younger ppl who watched super hero crap you were a dork. Now somehow everyone wants to identify with it. I even seen someone on,here saying it was a HUGE inspiration to the black crowds. Lol. Thats a far cry from,the martin luther kings and muhamad ali's etc of the world imo. Either way, its only a movie
                      On point gain.

Comment

Working...
                      X