Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joining An Amateur League...Any Suggestions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining An Amateur League...Any Suggestions?

After I train for awhile and get in shape, I'm going to try an join an Amateur league, does anyone really know how I would go about doing so? Because I'm really kind of blind to the subject, any suggestions would really be apprecaited.

u say ur 15 whats your height and weight? i recomend that you start fighting till you reach a weight size that you feel good in

Comment

I'm 5'9, 140 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwa_66
        I'm 5'9, 140 lbs.
        do u feel goo din that weight?

im 5'8 143 but im cutting down to 130-135 im not that fast or hard puncher at 140

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Boxer
          do u feel goo din that weight?

im 5'8 143 but im cutting down to 130-135 im not that fast or hard puncher at 140
          I think I'm definitely going to get in better shape, probably drop to about 130

Comment

Originally posted by Atwa_66
            After I train for awhile and get in shape, I'm going to try an join an Amateur league, does anyone really know how I would go about doing so? Because I'm really kind of blind to the subject, any suggestions would really be apprecaited.
            Its best to find a good gym and leave that to your coach, your coach will arrange bouts for you when your ready.

I fought this one guy who rushed into fighting, i dont know why his coach let him fight because he'd only been training for about 6 months!! needless to say i KO'd him in 1 round and the last i heard he had quit!! It was quite funny because i was fighting in his home town and his girl was ringside, after i knocked him down for the second time she threw her drink on me!! silly *****!!
            Last edited by elveiel; 12-05-2004, 03:43 AM.

Comment

your trainer will look after those issues mate. Just keep training and stay focuses.

Comment

Thanks alot for all your suggestions, I will take your advice...good karma for everyone

Comment

As far as weight and height go, you should (whenever you feel like starting fighting) just go with your current weight. Its different for everybody, but i stopped growing at about 15 but am still getting up to my natural weight. Obviously you wanna be in shape, but dont worry too much about weight until you are fully grown because it wont be healthy for your body and probably take away a lot of strength and endurance too.

Comment

join a gym andask the trainers if they can get you in amatures
                    thats what im doing
                    i have a guy who trains me but the other trainers work with me as well

and they are going to get me into amatures

my trainer said he wants to make me pro by 24

Comment

Working...
                    X