No announcement yet.

Corrie Sanders appreciation thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
    Like WLAD said, that's Oleg Maskaev's *****.
    Vitali lost to Oleg too.

Oleg Maskaev was a great fighter.

Comment

I think the ownage has been proven lol

Comment

Corrie Sanders would have been one of the top heavyweights of the 90s if he had left South Africa and fought more often. He was poorly managed, and didn't get his opportunity until he was past his prime. Hasim Rahman says Sanders is the hardest puncher he's ever faced.

But Sanders probably wouldn't have defeated Wlad if not for that lucky head butt that stunned Wladimir, just before the first punch that put him down. It was kind of like the Holt vs. Torres situation - the head butt opened up an opportunity for Corrie, and he didn't hesitate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
          Corrie Sanders would have been one of the top heavyweights of the 90s if he had left South Africa and fought more often. He was poorly managed, and didn't get his opportunity until he was past his prime. Hasim Rahman says Sanders is the hardest puncher he's ever faced.

But Sanders probably wouldn't have defeated Wlad if not for that lucky head butt that stunned Wladimir, just before the first punch that put him down. It was kind of like the Holt vs. Torres situation - the head butt opened up an opportunity for Corrie, and he didn't hesitate.
          Sorry Tunney, but Wlad nor Torres lost because of a butt.

Comment

Originally posted by WLAD OWNS View Post
            I loved watching Vitali Klitschko destroy Sanders
            i loved watching sanders lay out his brother haha

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
              Oleg Maskaev was a great fighter (sarcastic).
              You're the worst ******* on boxingscene, TheManchine.

You pretend to be a European, and with almost every post, try to prove the inferiority of European boxers.

That's low and slimy, in my opinion. I mean, why not just be honest about who you really are, instead of hiding behind that phony "Finland" under your avatar? You're probably really in the US, and you're certainly not a European.

Comment

Sanders was good. If he got you early you were toast because of his heavy hands and very fast punch combos.
                His biggest problem was lack of training. He was kicking Rahman's ass from pillar to post for the first three rounds and he gassed out. If he would've bothered to train for Vitali he could've made it a more entertaining affair because he had Vitali in trouble in the first and never went down in that fight.
                He walked right through Wladmir. Wlad was down four times because he couldn't see the straight left missile coming at his head, not from some bs headbutt. Sanders was motivated and put it on the cold Wlad that night in Germany. Wlad's peeps wanted no part of him until Wlad got his confidence back years later.
                Considering he was a part time fighter 42 wins out of 46 fights and 30 ko's in the first three rounds isn't that bad of a resume.
                One thing is for sure, everytime you saw Sanders on HBO be it Rahman, Wlad, or Vitali fights, he made it entertaining even though he was never in the shape to war a full 12.

He had many flaws, defensively, but he had fast hands and some thunder in his left. And he warred when he had to and took big risks.

An exciting fighter for sure.

Comment

You pretend to be a European, and with almost every post, try to prove the inferiority of European boxers.

That's low and slimy, in my opinion. I mean, why not just be honest about who you really are, instead of hiding behind that phony "Finland" under your avatar? You're probably really in the US, and you're certainly not a European.
                  Sad thing is, I dont think he even likes boxing period.

Comment

That's low and slimy, in my opinion. I mean, why not just be honest about who you really are, instead of hiding behind that phony "Finland" under your avatar? You're probably in the US.
                    I don't know how that video proves the inferiority of European boxers, Oleg is American.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
                      I don't know how that video proves the inferiority of European boxers, Oleg is American.

Oleg wasnt born in the U.S.

Comment

Working...
                      X