No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardt View Post
    Didn't Floyd last year say "I am fighting Cotto at 154 and not asking him to come down in weight like Pac did"? So lets see, Floyd is asking Canelo to do what Floyd's fans accused Pac of doing? Hummmm.
    Floyd wants to fight the 154 champ......at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      Didn't Floyd last year say "I am fighting Cotto at 154 and not asking him to come down in weight like Pac did"? So lets see, Floyd is asking Canelo to do what Floyd's fans accused Pac of doing? Hummmm.
      it's called selling a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
        The whole Mayweather is scared of Canelo promotion is startin', many will start biting at this
        I can guarantee you Floyd will never fight Canelo. I'd put my account on this.

Comment

I could be wrong but when Floyd fought Oscar in 2007 I believe Oscar called all the shots! The weight 154, glove size, ring size, everything. Oscar was the man and the cash cow so Floyd had to respect that if he wanted to fight him.

Now Canelo and his team want Floyd they should respect that he is the cash cow and will call the shots. When Canelo just fought Trout, Canelo made sure that he had a rematch if he loss and it was in Texas, but Trout did not get that same agreement in his contract why? Because Canelo was the main draw!

It happens all the time Pac made Marquez and Bradley and now Rios come up to welterweight to fight him because Pac is the main draw it happens all the time. Dawson came down from 175 to 168 to face Ward because Ward is the man. If Floyd doesn't want to fight a guy who just weighed roughly 172 his last fight than he doesn't have to.

At the end of the day that is the only advantage Canelo has over Floyd is size, if that gets taking away Canelo would get beat a lot worse than what Robert did. He is a patient fighter who takes a lot of breaks and seemed to have some stamina issues his last fight.

172 is 3 pounds away from light heavyweight... He could fight Chad Dawson and not really be outweighed that much on fight night.

Comment

Floyd gave into all of Oscar's demands to make that fight happen.

He's giving Canelo the same treatment.

Comment

I bet there was a suggested catchweight. Most likely at 150.5 pounds and team Cinnamon Bun rejected the offer. It is an opportunity that he should take if he ever wants to have a chance at fighting the champ. Even at 154 pounds, Mayweather beats Alvarez.

Comment

"I aint gonna ask Cotto to come down from like Pac did.....signed Floyd Mayweather. Floyd fans "See Mayweather wouldn't stoop like Pac did". Come again??? Let the party begin!!!

Comment

So Floyd feels Canelo is comfy at 147? What a joke!!!! Shame on Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                    In before the floboner association of rehydration experts..........
                    Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
                    Look Mayweather has moved up twice to fight Delahoya and Cotto. He is a two time jr middleweight champion.

But with that said....... moving up to 154 AGAIN and fighting Canelo who would weigh 172-175 come fight is stupid.

Floyd sales 1million PPV with whoever he fights so he doesn't need Canelo and doesn't have to fight guys who are 20-25lbs heavier.

So what he fought Delahoya and Cotto at 154? He gave the fans those super fights at those guys weights.
                    If Canelo wants Floyd then come to 147. Or maybe 150

Ward made Dawson come to him at 168.
                    And heres the first one!^^^

Comment

Ok so Canelo weighed 172 his last fight on fight night.
                      Then tell Canelo to move up and fight Ward

Comment

Working...
                      X