Let's blame everything BUT Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Precisely.

Hell, even if he doesn't want to learn the inside game for whatever reason, he at least needs to start clinching. Clinching isn't even something you learn, as a fighter you should intinctively know to tie up your opponet when you're hurt.

I mean, how hard is it to reach out and hug a mother****er when he's right in your face? Do you really need to be taught that!?

I think it's his pride moreso than him not knowing how to clinch. I remember when Wlad went to Freddy and Freddy was teaching him how to clinch Vitaly was really upset because it wasn't clean or smth. As a matter of fact the first time I saw Vitaly clinch was against Arreola and maybe after he got hit by the monster uppercut by Lewis but I think they just got tangled.

Comment

Originally posted by NAPO View Post
      Yeah, Are you still in Virginia?
      For the time being.

Comment

Khan's face for not throwing water on his face after the KO

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
          This ^^^^^

Khan should fight with the idea that he's always 1 good shot away from a loss, like a smaller Wlad Klitschko.
          Khan and Wlad are very similar

Wad use to try and be flash and fight from the inside and the signs of his dodgy chin were always there until he got exposed

Trainer change and he was a different fighter, he stopped being foolish and wasting punches and now is a master technician

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            Precisely.

Hell, even if he doesn't want to learn the inside game for whatever reason, he at least needs to start clinching. Clinching isn't even something you learn, as a fighter you should intinctively know to tie up your opponet when you're hurt.

I mean, how hard is it to reach out and hug a mother****er when he's right in your face? Do you really need to be taught that!?

Good point homie .....

Khan was foolishly taunting the very same dude that just floored him, by pointing to his chin and not covering up or tying up. ....

What kind of knuckle-headed bravado is that????

Khan simply wrote a check he couldn't cash and now he's got some serious career decisions to make. Because its more evident than ever that Khan's chin hasn't improved with age. And if this fight wasn't the kiss-of-death, the next one will be, especially if he doesn't fight a walking tomato-can in his next fight.

Comment

Khan is far too arrogant in the ring.

A switch to Steward would do him wonders, not only style wise but I think Steward would slap that nonsense out of him.

Comment

your trainer can only tell you so much, Trainer can't fight for you (as Mayweather always say) and it is so true, The Trainer should be nothing more then a Advisor, you still have to go out and think for yourself and make your own adjustments and find your comfort zone...a lot of fightes in boxing today just can't make any adjustments and to me those are not "GREAT FIGHTERS", regardless of the style of fighter you are facing, it is NO EXCUSE, if your facing and guy that sticks and moves and uses his speed, you should know how to cut the fukin ring off, if your fighting a Pressure Fighter, you should know how to deal with his Pressure and how to Clinch him to throw him off and how to side step him, if your dealing with a physical guy who uses a lot of clinches to try and slow you down and throw your timing off...you should be able to adjust and come up with a way to get him off of you and keep him off of you

Khan and so many young fighters just have no fukin CLUE how to deal with the Different Styles in boxing so that PU$$Y FANS run around Claiming certain styles are boring and use that as an excuses as to why their favorite fighter should fight this or that fighter

LEARN THE FUNDAMENTALS OF BOXING OTHER THEN JUST THROWING PUNCHES

Like Andre Ward Tweeted:
                Andre S.O.G. Ward ‏@andreward
                They want you to slug & brawl. Then if you get knocked out, they say you need to fight smarter!! Which one is it??

Don't listen to the fans or the Writers or the HBO Announcers...ALWAYS FIGHT YOUR FIGHT! Khan did not do that, he tried to Bang with Danny and this is the Result:

^hahahaha

Comment

People can blame the trainer, conditioning coach or who ever. The fact is Khan has not tried himself to evolve as fighter. Like many and myself have said before; Khan is a sloppy/reckless boxer, who has not tried to learn different aspects of the game!

Freddie Roach is still a great trainer but Khan doesn't have the will to learn more!

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                    Good point homie .....

Khan was foolishly taunting the very same dude that just floored him, by pointing to his chin and not covering up or tying up. ....

What kind of knuckle-headed bravado is that????

Khan simply wrote a check he couldn't cash and now he's got some serious career decisions to make. Because its more evident than ever that Khan's chin hasn't improved with age. And if this fight wasn't the kiss-of-death, the next one will be, especially if he doesn't fight a walking tomato-can in his next fight.
                    Yeah, I understand bravery in the face of defeat and all, but Khan taunting him like that and then fighting the way he did was just absurd. It reminded me of a scaled back and less punishing version of Margarito/Mosley, or Trinidad/Mayorga where Shane and Tito kept bombing Ricardo and Antonio and all they could do in return was smile back, point to their chins, or motion their opponet to "come on!"

That's nice viewing and all, but it doesn't change the fact that you're getting your ass handed to you. So instead of trying to showcase what a "tough guy" you are, why not fight smart, survive the goddamn round, and try to turn the tide when you recover?

Foolish move.

Comment

Roach isn't the right trainer for Khan, but Khan definitely has a huge problem sticking to the gameplan. He always gets dragged into a war. There's no way Roach said "go out and make this a war son", no matter what kind of trainer he is. Khan's got too much heart and too much pride for his own good, especially since his chin is one of the weakest I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X