No announcement yet.

Juan Kid Meza vs Jaime Garza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Kid Meza vs Jaime Garza

First time I've seen this fight in a while, forgot what a fight it was, one of the best 1 rounders I've ever seen and what a KO.
    Last edited by NChristo; 05-03-2011, 03:01 PM.

Crazy knockout, never seen this.

Comment

Garza was to be the next Wilfredo Gomez after Gomez moved up. He had an awesome knockout record. It was against limited opposition however. It was still a bit of a suprise when Kid Meza knocked him out. I remember watching the fight because it was televised nationally, as was Meza losing the same title to Lupe Pintor the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        Garza was to be the next Wilfredo Gomez after Gomez moved up. He had an awesome knockout record. It was against limited opposition however. It was still a bit of a suprise when Kid Meza knocked him out. I remember watching the fight because it was televised nationally, as was Meza losing the same title to Lupe Pintor the next year.
        I remember watching this fight on CBS. It was a stunner because Garza was the Edwin Valero of his time. I thought he would shake it off, but he was never the same fighter again.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          I remember watching this fight on CBS. It was a stunner because Garza was the Edwin Valero of his time. I thought he would shake it off, but he was never the same fighter again.
          Exactly! When Valero destroying all those fighters no one heard of I was drawing comparisons to Garza, even though few in the nsb knew who I was talking about.

Comment

Working...
          X