Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale: I Finally Get a Chance To Outclass Eubank, Shut Him Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If degale hangs on the ropes like he's been doing all his career then Eubank just might kill him with uppercuts, he will need his skills not the rope a dope

Comment

degale will need to be switched on from start to finish, not sure if he can get himself up for it

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
        This will be worth a watch as long as it's not on any sort of PPV format. Not paying extra cash to see a nearly washed-out former champ fight a hype-job who has never tried to improve his skills.
        Any word on who will be putting it on?

Have a feeling it'll end up on ITV PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
          Degale is in decline for sure, but should be motivated to beat Eubank.

It's strange how the Eubank nuthuggers are so convinced that he is a top level fighter, look at his resume - it tells you all you need to know.

Eubank is an Instagram fighter and a former IBO Champion. Degale is a Olympic Gold medalist and former IBF Champion.

Eubank's best win is Spike O'Sullivan or a 40 year old Arthur Abraham FFS.
          Can you point them out? I thought everyone had accepted Eubank jr was below world level and would remain there until he improved his boxing.

Can't argue that's he's not in exciting fights though

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
            Degale is in decline for sure, but should be motivated to beat Eubank.

It's strange how the Eubank nuthuggers are so convinced that he is a top level fighter, look at his resume - it tells you all you need to know.

Eubank is an Instagram fighter and a former IBO Champion. Degale is a Olympic Gold medalist and former IBF Champion.

Eubank's best win is Spike O'Sullivan or a 40 year old Arthur Abraham FFS.
            Don't see many Eubank Jr fans about these days.

I remember that poster with the Gamboa avatar used to label him a future ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by Kcvtr81 View Post
              If degale hangs on the ropes like he's been doing all his career then Eubank just might kill him with uppercuts, he will need his skills not the rope a dope
              Eubank's uppercuts are over rated. In the twelth against Groves when Groves's shoulder went, Eubank had him pinned in the corner WITH ONE ARM, he was landing uppercuts and he didn't hurt him whatsoever - and this is Groves with the suspect chin as we saw against Smith.
              Groves then landed an uppercut with his one good arm and actually hurt Eubank. Eubank is ****, exactly like Naseem Hamed said.

Comment

Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
                Degale 2-3 years ago would've boxed his ears off, but now I just can't see how he's going to survive a war with Eubank. Watch the highlights for Groves vs Eubank and pay attention to how much damage Eubank is able to inflict while being outclassed by a boxer with comparable skills to Degale. I think he'd get it done inside 10.
                I didn't notice much noticeable damage - apart from the shoulder, which he sustained more from constantly jabbing than anything Eubank did.
                And contrast to what Smith did against Groves a few weeks ago - we know Groves can be hurt, but Eubank never came close to doing anything like that.
                I'm backing Degale, even past his best, for a wide points win.
                Eubank has always been a hype job, similar to Anthony Yarde imo. Just doesn't have the quality to make it world level.

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
                  I didn't notice much noticeable damage - apart from the shoulder, which he sustained more from constantly jabbing than anything Eubank did.
                  And contrast to what Smith did against Groves a few weeks ago - we know Groves can be hurt, but Eubank never came close to doing anything like that.
                  I'm backing Degale, even past his best, for a wide points win.
                  Eubank has always been a hype job, similar to Anthony Yarde imo. Just doesn't have the quality to make it world level.
                  Degale went life and death twice with Caleb Truax which is the main reason I'm edging towards Eubank now, but I do concede he might be too small to do the kind of damage Caleb was doing and that the Groves fight strengthens that theory.

I'm still looking forward to finding out

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                    Any word on who will be putting it on?

Have a feeling it'll end up on ITV PPV.
                    If it's PPV it'll be ITV like you say. Can't see BT or Sky making it a PPV headliner, and they'll each want too much money to be chief support on an undercard.
                    Hopefully Hearn can convince them the fight's not PPV material at this point and get them on a regular Matchroom show. Not pulling for Warren at the moment as a few of his shows have descended into crowd violence recently - they need to invest more in the security situation.

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
                      Eubank's uppercuts are over rated. In the twelth against Groves when Groves's shoulder went, Eubank had him pinned in the corner WITH ONE ARM, he was landing uppercuts and he didn't hurt him whatsoever - and this is Groves with the suspect chin as we saw against Smith.
                      Groves then landed an uppercut with his one good arm and actually hurt Eubank. Eubank is ****, exactly like Naseem Hamed said.
                      Not sure the Smith (or Froch) fight proves Groves has a suspect chin, they're both proven power punchers at the weightclass

Comment

Working...
                      X