Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Voted Worlds Most Competitive Economy This Year, Last Time This Happened Was 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Voted Worlds Most Competitive Economy This Year, Last Time This Happened Was 2008

USA was voted this years most competitive economy in the world, an honor that it hand't seen since 2008.

Trumps tax plan, and regulation cuts have helped grow the economy at or almost at 4% GDP this past year. There are now 8 times more manufacturing jobs than there were under Obama, the stock market has soared, and we have collected more revenue from income taxes this year than any other year prior, despite the tax cuts.

WSJ writes,

"But individual income taxes increased by $104 billion, or 7.9%, despite the cut in individual tax rates. How could that be? CBO says one reason is that withholding from paychecks increased by $32 billion, which “largely reflects increases in wages and salaries.” In other words, a faster-growing economy employed more people who made more money."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/17/us-n...e-economy.html

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tax-rev...1919?mod=e2two

Got to hand it to him, trump is doing a great job over there

Comment

Good to see. Now if Trump can just equal either the 4.7%, 4.9% or 5.1% GDP in a quarter that Obama achieved then there would be something to discuss.

Of note from the article:

However, the report noted that the U.S. economy was being held back by a weakening social fabric, worsening security, lack of IT adoption, and corruption. It also lagged behind most advanced economies in terms of health, with the country's life expectancy three years below the average of advanced economies.

I was surprised to read the US economy was ranked this high in 2008 because that was a terrible year for the US economy. July 2008 was the recession. Then Fannie Mae/Freddie went bankrupt. Then the market crashed in September. Huge bailout in the fall.

Hope the same thing doesn't happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        USA was voted this years most competitive economy in the world, an honor that it hand't seen since 2008.

Trumps tax plan, and regulation cuts have helped grow the economy at or almost at 4% GDP this past year.
        Dont forget, Trump was handed an economy growing at under 2% annually over the last 8 years. That's subpar growth.

And in less than 2 years, Trump has just about doubled that rate of growth.

To anyone not a D superfan, that is a tremendous achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Good to see. Now if Trump can just equal either the 4.7%, 4.9% or 5.1% GDP in a quarter that Obama achieved then there would be something to discuss.

However, the report noted that the U.S. economy was being held back by a weakening social fabric, worsening security, lack of IT adoption, and corruption. It also lagged behind most advanced economies in terms of health, with the country's life expectancy three years below the average of advanced economies.

I was surprised to read the US economy was ranked this high in 2008 because that was a terrible year for the US economy. July 2008 was the recession. Then Fannie Mae/Freddie went bankrupt. Then the market crashed in September. Huge bailout in the fall.

Obama never broke 3% GDP growth for the whole year, Trump is on pace to do that in 2018. As for weak social fabric, security, or IT adoption that just sounds like a bunch of irrelevant gibberish that has little to do with the economy. In other words the fundamentals are solid. Right now there are more jobs than people available for them, but don't worry I still tip my hat to Obama for getting things started, Trump is just expanding on that good work and making it better.

Comment

Obama never broke 3% GDP growth for the whole year, Trump is on pace to do that in 2018. As for weak social fabric, security, or IT adoption that just sounds like a bunch of irrelevant gibberish that has little to do with the economy. In other words the fundamentals are solid. Right now there are more jobs than people available for them, but don't worry I still tip my hat to Obama for getting things started, Trump is just expanding on that good work and making it better.
            Like I posted-when Trump reaches any one of those for a quarter, then we can discuss. Had Trump started where Obama did, he'd not almost surely would not reach 3% for the year either. But that is for another debate.

Did you read the article you posted?l I posted the authors words verbatim from an article you posted supporting your claim. What you claim as "a bunch of irrelevant gibberish that has little to do with the economy" is what the article indicated was part of the 98 indicators they used to rank the most competitive economies.

Good news. Let's hope we don't have a repeat of 2008, the last time the US was ranked in the top spot.

Comment

He cited quarters, despite you having cited annual growth.

Superfans do that, ya know.

But it ok if we count quarters. Sure, Obama had all of 4 quarters of over 4% growth over his 8 years as President.

Of course come next quarter (which is predicted to be well over 4% growth), Trump will have had 2 quarters of over 4% growth, despite only being President for 2 years.

Trump's besting Obama so bad that even when the superfans move the goalposts Trump still comes out ahead in terms of economic numbers.

Dunn is just a superfan cheerleader, nothing more. Sad too, cause I actually expected much more of him with all his boats of education and financial success.

Turns out he's just your average D superfan, a guy worshipping a team who calls its fans "stupid".

Comment

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...et/1670371002/

President Donald Trump says he'll ask Cabinet to cut department budgets by 5 percent

From the article:

Trump's ask comes as the Treasury Department reports that the federal budget deficit rose this year to $779 billion. That amounts to a 17 percent increase over the previous year, and is the highest deficit in six years.

This is where the problems begin- the economy is doing great while simultaneously deficits are extremely high.

Comment

?????

You know annual trumps quarter right?

Annual = 1 yr

Quarter = 3 months

Why are you bringing up a quarter when the annual is discussed?

The quarter is figured into the annual.

Comment

Like I posted-when Trump reaches any one of those for a quarter, then we can discuss. Had Trump started where Obama did, he'd not almost surely would not reach 3% for the year either. But that is for another debate.

Did you read the article you posted?l I posted the authors words verbatim from an article you posted supporting your claim. What you claim as "a bunch of irrelevant gibberish that has little to do with the economy" is what the article indicated was part of the 98 indicators they used to rank the most competitive economies.

Good news. Let's hope we don't have a repeat of 2008, the last time the US was ranked in the top spot.
                    Someone explain to Dunn that his quarter figures hes talking up is included in the annual figures

So...... kinda stupid

Comment

Working...
                    X