Collapse
No announcement yet.

The case for floyd higher on ATG list than Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duran is the better man, stop trying to keep Floyd in 147lb class. At that weight he is not a top twenty five rated fighter. At 130lbs he was a much better boxer & puncher. At 147lb he can't break an egg. He boxed but rarely fought unless he was in with smaller men who were limited at welter.

Duran could box very well, the untrained eye doesn't see because he was a pressure fighter most times. The novice fan doesn't see skill in a pressure fighter but of course there are techniques involved with that style & form.

Head to head I think it would be a very good match up, with Duran having a little more power and his willingness to dominate would over come Floyd's counter method.

Ray

Comment

Floyd has a bigger cawk than all of Panama (and mexico) so Floyd wins. TBE babay!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
        Floyda best wins
        Pac
        Castillo
        Corrales
        Cotto
        Berto
        Marquez
        Hernandez
        Hoyas

Duran best wins
        Leonard
        Duran has Buchanan which is a better win then any Floyd win, DeJesus too, Barkley, Palamino, Leonard, Moore and you’ve got to look at when they beat them and not just the name of paper.

Duran’s resume is far better. I think the Hagler loss is just about as impressive as anything Floyd did on any night.

I’m cool with casuals but not when they try to come off as some sort of authority when it’s clear you don’t know what your talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          Duran has Buchanan which is a better win then any Floyd win, DeJesus too, Barkley, Palamino, Leonard, Moore and you’ve got to look at when they beat them and not just the name of paper.

Duran’s resume is far better. I think the Hagler loss is just about as impressive as anything Floyd did on any night.

I’m cool with casuals but not when they try to come off as some sort of authority when it’s clear you don’t know what your talking about.
          correct ,anyone has floyd ranked higher is a complete moron

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
            Floyda best wins
            Pac
            Castillo
            Corrales
            Cotto
            Berto
            Marquez
            Hernandez
            Hoyas

Duran best wins
            Leonard

I do believe Floyd should be higher than duran on the ATG list, but not for the same reason. I believe Floyd is the most consistent boxer ever since day 1 of his career. His punch stats/differentials are second to none. Together with his skills and a very solid resume he is best fit to be called TBE than being the goat.

He trumps Duran’s career based on consistency alone, he had no meh performance at all (except maybe against pac?lol) though head to head duran-floyd at their best it is probably a toss up fight.

Where Duran wins is he had a win over a prime ATG like himself in Leonard. While Floyd’s best victory against a prime opponent is over Corrales.

Careful matchmaking, controlling every detail in his fights.. engineering every process and brilliant marketing undoubtedly helped Floyd as well.

Floyd hasn’t fought anyone at the level of Leonard, Hearns and Hagler at the time Duran fought them. It could’ve been pac in 09-11 for one.
            Last edited by dibzvincent143; 09-29-2018, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              Older generation fighters are always over rated. I think BoxRec has the most accurate ATG rankings and Duran is not even in the top25. For some reason fans thinks losses don’t matter when it comes to their favorite fighters lol.
              Is there any way in hell Floyd would make it through duran's resume without a loss? Who you fight and when you fight them matters.

Comment

there's documented evidence that Floyd was on PEDs.
                Last edited by skelva; 09-29-2018, 09:13 PM. Reason: I wanted to include the comment I was responding to

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                  Both fought in vastly 2 different eras so the comparison doesn't really make any sense. Duran might have a greater win against Leonard than any of Floyd's opponents but Floyd fought and easily dominated a lot more champions and top level guys over a longer period of time at the top of the P4P list than Duran.

Plus when Duran fought there was no drug testing in boxing and fighters used to be roided out of their damn minds in the 70s and 80s, but when Floyd fought he probably took advantage of the advancements of trainingd and nutrition, both have their cases and both were great, Floyd was the absolute greatest of his era, Duran is one of the all time greats, let's just leave it at that.
                  There's documented evidence that Floyd was on PEDs.

Comment

Duran was the best lightweight of all time. Then he made noise at 147, 154, and even 160. He’s top 5 all time. So is Floyd though. It’s close and they’re both in the mix.

The Mount Rushmore of boxing has 5 faces because boxing is awesome! Duran and Mayweather both are on it IMO. SRR, Ali, and maybe SRL are the other faces.

Comment

Originally posted by skelva View Post
                      there's documented evidence that Floyd was on PEDs.
                      There is documented evidence that you have an empty head.

Comment

Working...
                      X