No announcement yet.

Rewatched Gennady Golovkin vs Canelo Alvarez I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    I don’t know how it can be seen as close fight.
    Alvarez was running and looked gas for the entire middle of the fight.
    I think Byrd was giving Canelo credit for landing one hard punch in every round.
    While discounting all of the work GGG did the entire round.
    People for whatever reason completely morph reality to what actually happened and people seem to go along with it, like Canelo won the first half and GGG came back later which is how some say it was a draw. Easier to do that than actually score round by round.

Comment

Not incompetence, deliberate corruption.
      I can’t see no other way for scoring like that.
      Even the draw scores are suspect in my opinion.
      Agreed the draw score was outrageous. It gets overlooked because of an even more outrageous score.

Comment

i dunno about all of that, larryXXX said Canelo won so i believe his non biased and respected opinion more ty

Comment

How did GGG win round 1 when he didn't land any significant punch? Canelo at least landed a couple of nice body shots.

Disagree with you giving GGG rounds 10 and 11 too. In both of those rounds canelo was more efficient and definitely landed more power punches.

Comment

I felt Canelo won 2 of the first 3, 2 of the last 3 and lost everything in between (4-9). 116-112 GGG. I can see 117-111 and I can see 115-113 as I felt there were two or three close rounds. 114-114 you'd have to have scored everything for Canelo giving him every conceivable doubt and have gotten a round wrong.

Comment

When I rewatch it, I see a tight fight that could've gone either way. But..I'm not convinced Canelo wins the rematch like so many are saying. He was getting hurt up in there. I do think Golovkin's age began to show toward the end of the fight. I wonder how much he has left.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                I felt Canelo won 2 of the first 3, 2 of the last 3 and lost everything in between (4-9). 116-112 GGG. I can see 117-111 and I can see 115-113 as I felt there were two or three close rounds. 114-114 you'd have to have scored everything for Canelo giving him every conceivable doubt and have gotten a round wrong.
                You’re going to have to say which rounds exactly you think Canelo won.

Comment

There were alot of rounds were canelo did great boxing and made GGG miss alot. But didnt throw enough himself, GGG just threw more. Its a hard fight to score.

Comment

Canelo landed the cleaner shots GGG was hitting air

Comment

You’re going to have to say which rounds exactly you think Canelo won.
                      I'd have to watch again to give my exact scorecard. I scored it 8-4 live and then on replay the next week scored the same but felt it could have been a point wider or a point closer.

I wasn't really intending to watch it again anytime soon perhaps before the re-match I will but I'm kind of not into this one and didn't think the first was all that good. Sometimes that happens and then all of a sudden I'll be into it. Joshua-Wlad was like that for me. I only got into it the night before. Hopefully this is the same.

Comment

Working...
                      X