No announcement yet.

Rumours are that AJ got a concussion from sparring during/close to fight week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
    Whatever happened Ruiz was the better man on the night.

Joshua has got terrible punch resistance and recovery - it's clear to see, even before the Ruiz fight.
    No evidence Josh has bad recovery. He recovered v wlad, whyte and won

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I'm not exaggerating, before every single AJ fight I've thought the guy looked nervous. I've commented on it here and had people go off saying I was making things up.
      I do think hindsight is 20/20 and people connect the dots. If Ruiz didn't get back up, no one would have said or thought AJ was acting strange. .

AJs entrance v Klitschko at 8.30.

Come on man, that is not the same guy who got in the ring with Ruiz. Even Wilders own words were 'he looks so relaxed and confident'.

In the announcements for this Wlad fight he looked focused. In the announcement for Ruiz he looked lost. You can't deny that.

I can't deny he had nerves for both fights deep down somewhere, but whatever was wrong with AJ v Ruiz i don't think it was nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        No evidence Josh has bad recovery. He recovered v wlad, whyte and won
        True. I've always said he recovers quick. In fact, I remember saying it in the live comments thread.

The difference in this fight is that Ruiz followed up, though not in the way you'd typically expect. He just keep punishing the body so that Joshua never fully recovered his stamina. I've never seen AJ have to deal with repeated body punches and I'll bet it's why people think he looked strange. Being gassed and taking body damage will fuk your world up.

Comment

Something was off. I don't know if he was KOed in sparring, or he had a cold, or the nerves hit him when he realised he was away from home and didn't have the same control over events he'd usually have.

I don't think we saw 100% of Anthony Joshua, but he chose to fight and he's making no excuses. Andy Ruiz won and won emphatically. For all we know, Ruiz might have been carrying injuries himself.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            rumours are that british boxing fans are sore losers wtih the maturity of a fifteen year old girl.

ruiz took the fight on 4-5 weeks notice and kicked joshua's ass. joshua better be more worried about the rematch than his excuses for the loss in fight #1. F#cking deal with it, p#ssies. act like you been there, even though we all know you have not.
            Who are you calling a pussi?

The main focus of my post was on Joshua’s behaviour between rounds and the behaviour of his Dad after the fight.... where do you see me saying that’s why he lost?

Behave yourself man.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
              They had Joey in the camp
              Joey kind of reminds me of an early Ruiz
              Just never took off though
              Perfect guy to impersonate Ruiz though
              Yeh they had Joey. I didn't know to much about him but from his build he looked like a good choice I’m preparing for Ruiz

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                True. I've always said he recovers quick. In fact, I remember saying it in the live comments thread.

The difference in this fight is that Ruiz followed up, though not in the way you'd typically expect. He just keep punishing the body so that Joshua never fully recovered his stamina. I've never seen AJ have to deal with repeated body punches and I'll bet it's why people think he looked strange. Being gassed and taking body damage will fuk your world up.
                True the body punches must have had effect, with a heavy handed ruiz. But Josh won't want you to know they bothered him. Josh will want you to think it was the punch in temple only.
                But fury should have targeted wilder body. Wilder still had power in 12 th

Comment

AJ has slow recovery, It is what it is. Can't have an off night in the heavyweight division, it's too dangerous. No excuses should be accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by donjigga11 View Post
                    Yeh they had Joey. I didn't know to much about him but from his build he looked like a good choice I’m preparing for Ruiz
                    Tough kid , very similar to Ruiz
                    Short , stocky not much reach
                    Just doesn’t have that extra gear or level
                    Good sparring partner for this fight

Comment

Joshua looked like the same fighter, with the same body language, as he did against Povetkin.

In case you need your memory refreshed:

Ruiz fought a little smarter than Povetkin, wasn't as tentative early on, and eventually clipped Joshua. That was the difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X