Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring without headgear

Hey guy's

so here is the problem(not really)
    At my gym we spar and train without headgear. That shouldn't be a real problem as long as people could control themselves, but obviously there are some people that can't. It's really ****ty cause sometimes i have to spar against guy's that outweigh me by 40 pounds and i leave training with a headache and a nauseous feeling. Should i just buy my own headgear and use it?

greetings.

Yeah man...you should, just to be safe. You wouldn't want anything to happen to you during training. At my gym, we all use headgear and groin protectors. I'm about 205 pounds and I've sparred guy's that weigh 140...160...And don't let people call you a wuss or whatever for protecting yourself. When people at your gym start dying by brain hemorrhages, you'll be having the last laugh, lol.

Comment

haha well, i dont want to be on the receiving end of one wtf.

Comment

Pretty stupid to spar without headgear, especially if you're an amateur. You have to fight with it on, so why not get used to it? Depending on the exact model of headgear you wear, it effects how you can hold your gloves to your gym, how you can tuck your chin into your shoulder etc. No sense training without it and then putting it on for an amateur bout and feeling uncomfortable because you aren't used to it.

Then there's the obvious safety things like cuts and concussions.

Comment

Nobody in my gym uses it actually, i think its kinda stupid but i don't have any other options besides traveling to a gym thats 30~km away. And i don't have a car yet

Comment

Yeah, that is really silly. I am surprised your trainers even consider that okay in the slightest. As a boxer you already have a shorter than average shelf life, there is no reason whatsoever to further decrease that by compounding the amount of damage you take while training.

I understand that it is both more comfortable and financially more beneficial to not use headgear, but it is a bad decision and will ultimately hurt your ability to box at an amateur level and increase the potential for head trauma, cuts, broken noses, detached retinas, Etc.

Think about your future and the well being of your body man. You have to live in that thing.

Get some ****ing headgear.

Comment

yeah thats what i thought too thats why i love headgear but some guys i know don't like headgear coz they not comfortable in it.

Comment

That is really irresponsible of the trainers and gym owner. What's the name of your gym and where?

Comment

at your gym you do not need head gear[why]does everyone there hits like a flea

Comment

i too would like the name of the gym so i can prank call them mufuggas

"you dont ****ing use headgear? did your momma drop you on your head as a baby?"

Comment

Working...
                    X