No announcement yet.

Questions about fight night round 4.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about fight night round 4.

I got the game 2 days ago and i love it, i got a bunch of games but fnr4 is the one i am playing the most. It's harder than round 3 but also much closer to what boxing really feels like, there are some annoying things but i still like it better than round 3.

I created myself using pictures and it's pretty similar to what i look like. Started a career after playing a few fights. I am playing on the "pro" difficulty, which is normal i beleive. Anyway i was doing great, beat the amateur tournament like nothing and went 5-0 with 5 ko's as a pro. Then some guy challenged me and he was much harder than the others, i won all my other fights being on the offensive and trying to get counters after flurries. But that guy wasn't attacking much at all, he just countered all the time. We traded knockdowns but after the 3rd one i wasn't able to get up and got counted out.

How do i deal with that? Is it possible to be succesful being aggressive or i need to always counter to win? Cause so far to me it seems like counters are much too important in the game and a good offense will always be ripped up by a counter puncher.

Any help?

Also, Legacy mode was supposed to be so much better than what career mode was in round 3, but is it me or there is even less stuff to do? You don't win money, you can't buy stuff. The only new thing are the rankings and the legacy meter. Can you watch fights? Cause when time passes it always says "Simulating fights" but can i watch those fights?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Equilibrium; 08-08-2009, 09:47 PM.

I went through legacy without looking for the KO. Just rack up the points, and mix up punches alot.

Whenever I tried to KO them too early, they'd put me on the floor.

Comment

Thanks Mersey, anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
        I got the game 2 days ago and i love it, i got a bunch of games but fnr4 is the one i am playing the most. It's harder than round 3 but also much closer to what boxing really feels like, there are some annoying things but i still like it better than round 3.

I created myself using pictures and it's pretty similar to what i look like. Started a career after playing a few fights. I am playing on the "pro" difficulty, which is normal i beleive. Anyway i was doing great, beat the amateur tournament like nothing and went 5-0 with 5 ko's as a pro. Then some guy challenged me and he was much harder than the others, i won all my other fights being on the offensive and trying to get counters after flurries. But that guy wasn't attacking much at all, he just countered all the time. We traded knockdowns but after the 3rd one i wasn't able to get up and got counted out.

How do i deal with that? Is it possible to be succesful being aggressive or i need to always counter to win? Cause so far to me it seems like counters are much too important in the game and a good offense will always be ripped up by a counter puncher.

Any help?

Also, Legacy mode was supposed to be so much better than what career mode was in round 3, but is it me or there is even less stuff to do? You don't win money, you can't buy stuff. The only new thing are the rankings and the legacy meter. Can you watch fights? Cause when time passes it always says "Simulating fights" but can i watch those fights?

Cheers.
        You can be successful walking ppl down but your blocking better be on point...

Wat fights are you referring to? Your past fights? No you can't watch them...and you can't watch other fights on other cards...and you can't watch fights that are declared Classics...which I think is ******ed and pointless

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
          You can be successful walking ppl down but your blocking better be on point...

Wat fights are you referring to? Your past fights? No you can't watch them...and you can't watch other fights on other cards...and you can't watch fights that are declared Classics...which I think is ******ed and pointless
          Ok thanks. So basically legacy mode ain't all that.

Comment

Ok thanks. So basically legacy mode ain't all that.
            Its fun enough for me to keep playing but I could see it get boring...

I've done it 3 times...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
              Its fun enough for me to keep playing but I could see it get boring...

I've done it 3 times...
              Oh yeah don't get me wrong, game is great, and getting up the ranks is fun. But i remember in the previews they were saying legacy was going to be so much more than what career mode was in round 3. But in reality it's the same thing, minus being able to buy gear to make your stats better. That wasn't realistic but it was fun.

Comment

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, game is great, and getting up the ranks is fun. But i remember in the previews they were saying legacy was going to be so much more than what career mode was in round 3. But in reality it's the same thing, minus being able to buy gear to make your stats better. That wasn't realistic but it was fun.
                Personally I like being able to create any trunks you want from scratch...they did improve rivalries somewhat...

I like what they did with the gameplay as well...of course there's room for improvement

My favorite thing is u can download fighters from Xbox Live...some ppl do pretty good jobs.

Comment

you can also import all of the CABS into your legacy mode, and decide where the CABS (and the real life fighters) are ranked and which ones are champions. this is soooo better than the previous fight nights because in the old games you'd fight sugar ray leonard in your 6th pro fight. Now you gotta work your way up to the top before you can fight guys like that.

Legacy mode isn't incredible by any means, but it's definitely better than the previous fight nights.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    you can also import all of the CABS into your legacy mode, and decide where the CABS (and the real life fighters) are ranked and which ones are champions. this is soooo better than the previous fight nights because in the old games you'd fight sugar ray leonard in your 6th pro fight. Now you gotta work your way up to the top before you can fight guys like that.

Legacy mode isn't incredible by any means, but it's definitely better than the previous fight nights.
                    I wasn't able to import the other CAB's into my legacy mode
                    Was able to play as one, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X