Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pac KTFO JMM would there be a rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    no pac gave him a rematch because JMM brings a huge mexican fanbase that helped sell the fight. it was profit driven greed, not kindness or challenge or any other pro pac reasoning.
    Do you really think this? I thought Pac didnt want to give a rematch but JMM kept on insisting and i think JMMs' i beat Pac 3 times t-shirtsealed the deal.

Bottom line is Pac should have got the decision 3 times if not for error on scorecard and should have taken the money and ran, as he got his wins. He didnt have to rematch JMM.

Pac isnt obligated to rematch just cos they were close, afterall Pac cant be expected to either ko or destroy boxers faces while winning wide unanimous decisions all the time, that is unfair of Pac.
    People should expect when Pac fights his kryptonite he should be given a close tough fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      Do you really think this? I thought Pac didnt want to give a rematch but JMM kept on insisting and i think JMMs' i beat Pac 3 times t-shirtsealed the deal.

Bottom line is Pac should have got the decision 3 times if not for error on scorecard and should have taken the money and ran, as he got his wins. He didnt have to rematch JMM.

Pac isnt obligated to rematch just cos they were close, afterall Pac cant be expected to either ko or destroy boxers faces while winning wide unanimous decisions all the time, that is unfair of Pac.
      People should expect when Pac fights his kryptonite he should be given a close tough fight.
      no cotto turning down the cw again was what sealed the deal. manny said he had nothing to prove with JMM but changed his tune because JMM 4 would generate more than Bradley 2.

Using your logic, JMM therefore isn't obligate to rematch right? JMM has a decisive win, something Manny doesn't. If manny had a decisive win there wouldn't be a rematch like floyd/jmm.

Comment

Using your logic, JMM therefore isn't obligate to rematch right? JMM has a decisive win, something Manny doesn't. If manny had a decisive win there wouldn't be a rematch like floyd/jmm.
        You dont really have a point so why post this i dont know? JMM isnt obligated to rematch Pac, just like Pac wasnt, but Pac did, understand?

Having a decisive wins means nothing, cos Pac has decisive wins over many opponents and gave rematches. Pac beat his krptonite 3 times, and JMM couldnt beat someone who was made for him in 3 attempts. That speaks volumes for Pac.

ANd Pac was either too gentlemanly or stupid and gave JMM chance after chance. JMM isnt obligated to rematch but why shouldnt he? Dont give me cos he beat Pac decisively garbage again. The deal wasnt they would only stop fighting each other until JMM got a win over Pac, that is just unfair. I doubt Pac would have given so many rematches if he knew JMM wouldnt return the favour.
        Last edited by hugh grant; 02-14-2013, 01:11 PM.

Comment

You dont really have a point so why post this i dont know? JMM isnt obligated to rematch Pac, just like Pac wasnt, but Pac did, understand?

Having a decisive wins means nothing, cos Pac has decisive wins over many opponents and gave rematches. Pac beat his krptonite 3 times, and JMM couldnt beat someone who was made for him in 3 attempts. That speaks volumes for Pac.

ANd Pac was either too gentlemanly or stupid and gave JMM chance after chance. JMM isnt obligated to rematch but why shouldnt he? Dont give me cos he beat Pac decisively garbage again. The deal wasnt they would only stop fighting each other until JMM got a win over Pac, that is just unfair. I doubt Pac would have given so many rematches if he knew JMM wouldnt return the favour.
          pac never beat JMM in the eyes of the majority even though he got the decision, thats why a rematch was necessary.

pac giving rematches over people he beat decisvely isn't him being generous, its manny making a fight he knows he can win and make money on. dont try and make it anything other than that.

The lack of a clear victory over JMM coupled with Manny's inability to make an easier fight that would make profit (the cotto CW) is how we got to the 4th fight. SInce JMM got a decisive victory-and in the eyes of the majority is now 3-0-1 over Manny-no rematch is necessary.

If JMM wants a cash out fight in a year or so then he can give Manny a rematch. Manny should wait for a rematch just like JMM right?

Comment

Couple of things, Pac didn't beat JMM decisively...that's the point. We don't get trilogies because it's a one sided affair. JMM won 2 of the first 3 fights in the eyes of many fans and boxing experts.

So that's why we wanted to see it again. The difference is, JMM was the one that scored the KO. Not just any KO I might add, one of the most devastating right hands in the history of boxing. It will go down with the right hand Marciano hit Walcott with IMO.

For me, JMM can do whatever he wants and the money might be too much for him to pass up but I don't think he should fight again, let alone fight Manny.

He will be 40 when this fight is made and he's already proven what he set out to do and what most of us see as justice for 2 bad decisions.

JMM needs to ride off into the sunset with his sombrero on his d.ick.

Comment

pac never beat JMM in the eyes of the majority even though he got the decision, thats why a rematch was necessary.

pac giving rematches over people he beat decisvely isn't him being generous, its manny making a fight he knows he can win and make money on. dont try and make it anything other than that.

The lack of a clear victory over JMM coupled with Manny's inability to make an easier fight that would make profit (the cotto CW) is how we got to the 4th fight. SInce JMM got a decisive victory-and in the eyes of the majority is now 3-0-1 over Manny-no rematch is necessary.

If JMM wants a cash out fight in a year or so then he can give Manny a rematch. Manny should wait for a rematch just like JMM right?
              Pac was fighting his krptonite a bad match up for himself, so why anyone should think Pac should have clear victories is maybe expecting too much of Pac. When Pac fights people who are so called tailor made for him he kos or wins 12 rounds, even though no one else does does against them.

Yes if JMM wants money he should rematch Pac, as he knows he can beat Pac again. But if he dont so be it.

Comment

Pac was fighting his krptonite a bad match up for himself, so why anyone should think Pac should have clear victories is maybe expecting too much of Pac. When Pac fights people who are so called tailor made for him he kos or wins 12 rounds, even though no one else does does against them.

Yes if JMM wants money he should rematch Pac, as he knows he can beat Pac again. But if he dont so be it.
                stop with the excuses. pac had the advantages in each fight. he still couldn't get the job done.

he should treat manny the same way manny treated him.

Comment

4th fight only happened because Cotto refused that 148 CW.

5th fight only being discussed because wrong guy ended up on the floor.

Comment

Of course there would be.... this is a money fight

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dunn

because he didn't get the decisions from the judges even though the majority of the boxing world thought he beat manny in fights 2 and 3.

But thats not Pacs fault, if the judges think he beat JMM? Pac got his win, so him giving a rematch to JMM was from the kindness of his heart. Cos it wasnt him chasing JMM to give a rematch.
                      the only reason he fought Marquez a 4th time is cause he had no other opposition cotto turned it down.... in a ESPN article arum presented four opponents to MP he didn't have to fight JMM

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X