Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd Mayweather beat 10 (future) Hall of Famers ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for everyone but judah.

Comment

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
      I just went through Mayweather's record and was kind of "surprised" that I saw 10 potential (future) Hall of Famers on his record.
      Here are those 10 fighters:
      Diego Corrales
      Jose Luis Castillo
      Arturo Gatti (he will be inducted this year)
      Zab Judah
      Oscar De La Hoya
      Ricky Hatton
      Juan Manuel Marquez
      Shane Mosley
      Miguel Cotto
      Genaro Hernandez

let me just say that:
      - 6 of them are borderline Hall of Famers which in my opinion will ALL end up in the Hall of Fame even though some people say they don't deserve it. (Hatton, Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, Arturo Gatti, Zab Judah)
      - 2 were way past their prime (Shane Mosley, and some people might say also De La Hoya)
      - 1 was way out of his weight class at the time of the fight (Juan Manuel Marquez)
      - The 10th guy is Miguel Cotto, who gave Floyd hell in my opinion and some people say Cotto was also way past his prime.

Vote on the poll and explain which of these 10 opponents of Mayweather should be in the Hall of Fame (some day).
      Mosley, Cotto, Hall of famers? Everytime Cotto stepped up he lost, same goes for Mosley, he only beat Oscar! Floyd beat Juan who KO'd Pac, Genero Hernandeez, Diego,and Oscar! The rest of them, Im not too sure, oh and Gatti!

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Gatti, Cotto, Mosley, De La Hoya were past prime.

Hatton, Judah, Marquez were not fighting at their best weight class.

So that leaves Corrales , Castillo and Hernandez(?) as his most legit wins, the last one in 2002.
        Thats not the question! The question is who are hall of famers that he beat! Oscar, Juan, Genero, Gatti, Diego. Mosley and Cotto always lost when they stepped up! Did not prove them selves to be legendary in my opinion.

Comment

Its a valid argument TS. Floyd clearly started targeting past prime, out of weight name fighters to enhance his legacy long term without doing it the hard way. You know, by fighting them prime at their weight classes (where floyd was fighting). Luckily for floyd, he has enough apologists that give him a break on his comp because of "politics".

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            Its a valid argument TS. Floyd clearly started targeting past prime, out of weight name fighters to enhance his legacy long term without doing it the hard way. You know, by fighting them prime at their weight classes (where floyd was fighting). Luckily for floyd, he has enough apologists that give him a break on his comp because of "politics".
            Nah! Floyd did duck and dodge, but he didnt return to INTENTIONALLY target old fighters! Oscar wasnt even a real fight, it was a money fight! Mosley, cotto, Juan, where the best to fight at the time, besides pac who he ducked! But the question is, which of them are hall of famers, and which are not! Nothing else.

Comment

Not quite 10 but this is one of the main reasons he will be overrated in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                Nah! Floyd did duck and dodge, but he didnt return to INTENTIONALLY target old fighters! Oscar wasnt even a real fight, it was a money fight! Mosley, cotto, Juan, where the best to fight at the time, besides pac who he ducked! But the question is, which of them are hall of famers, and which are not! Nothing else.
                of course he did. he claimed he was on a 5 fight plan to fight the best, what he meant was a 5 fight plan to fight the easiest. starting with a LW who never fought about 135 at WW, where floyd didn't even make weight. that was his "tune up". then he fights mosley who was out of the ring just about as long as floyd and didn't need a tune up vs a tiny fighter.

oscar is always a pass. obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Gatti, Cotto, Mosley, De La Hoya were past prime.

Hatton, Judah, Marquez were not fighting at their best weight class.

So that leaves Corrales , Castillo and Hernandez(?) as his most legit wins, the last one in 2002.
                  judah wasnt at his best weight class???lmfao he was at 147 before floyd

and if cotto is past prime then what was the 35 year old floyd?

you act like floyds best weight is 147..the man started at 130..hatton began at 140 and so did judah.....

shane was the #1 ww and p4p#3 and people claimed floyd feared him=great win

oscar was a top 5 154 fighter and a champion their and had a huge size advantage
                  Last edited by Larry the boss; 01-08-2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383
                    I have to laugh at this f**kery; when Floyd fought Zab that was Floyd 2nd fight at 147 but that wasn't Zab best weightclass do I have that right. So a 35 yr old Floyd isn't past his prime but a 32 yr old Cotto is that quite interesting also. If those De La Hoya, Shane and Marquez aren't good wins for Floyd they can't b good wins for other fighters remember that.
                    your right and then your wrong....

Zab is a good win

both Cotto and Floyd were a little past it... still a great win...

now mosley is a little tricky.... great win for cotto.. floyd fought him over 3 years later.. still a DECENT win.... but not a good win for pacquiao or canelo

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383
                      I have to laugh at this f**kery; when Floyd fought Zab that was Floyd 2nd fight at 147 but that wasn't Zab best weightclass do I have that right. So a 35 yr old Floyd isn't past his prime but a 32 yr old Cotto is that quite interesting also. If those De La Hoya, Shane and Marquez aren't good wins for Floyd they can't b good wins for other fighters remember that.
                      your right and then your wrong....

Zab is a good win

both Cotto and Floyd were a little past it... still a great win...

now mosley is a little tricky.... great win for cotto.. floyd fought him over 3 years later.. still a DECENT win.... but not a good win for pacquiao or canelo

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X