No announcement yet.

Getting outboxed by Ricky Hatton is humiliating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting outboxed by Ricky Hatton is humiliating

I am sorry but that is a pretty embarrassing loss. Hatton is not known for his boxing skills, and you get outboxed by a brawler like Hatton?

Paulie Malignaggi better not accept a rematch with Hatton if Hatton looks good because he will probably get beat again and his career will look like garbage if he gets out boxed by Hatton again.

I could understand getting out slugged and roughed up by hatton the way he did Kostya Tszyu but to be out boxed, man that is just embarrassing, how could Paulie let a guy who isn't a point boxer beat him at his own game?

humiliating

I suppose his excuse would be, "it was all McGirt's fault". Now he is the best boxing prime shape ever, till the next loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
      I suppose his excuse would be, "it was all McGirt's fault". Now he is the best boxing prime shape ever, till the next loss.
      Buddy didn't give him enough water.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        I am sorry but that is a pretty embarrassing loss. Hatton is not known for his boxing skills, and you get outboxed by a brawler like Hatton?

Paulie Malignaggi better not accept a rematch with Hatton if Hatton looks good because he will probably get beat again and his career will look like garbage if he gets out boxed by Hatton again.

I could understand getting out slugged and roughed up by hatton the way he did Kostya Tszyu but to be out boxed, man that is just embarrassing, how could Paulie let a guy who isn't a point boxer beat him at his own game?

humiliating
        I think thats maybe a bit too harsh. True, Paulie got outboxed, but if anything it showed that there was a little more to Hatton than maybe he is given credit for. He was capable of outboxing a boxer and when you look at the success he had in his career and the level he fought at, you would have to think he had to be a bit more than just some crude slugger.

Comment

Malignaggi blaming McGirt was poor sportsmanship. He still to this day believes he didn't really lose to Hatton and blames his training.

Hatton actually fought one of his best fights against Malignaggi cause he beat him at his own game and fought smart.

But man Paulie was talking so much **** too leading up to that fight, and bragged how easy it is to hit hatton and make him miss, talk about putting your foot in your mouth lol. Hatton was the guy doing the hitting and making Paulie miss, This is why I think Paulie is overrated, he is more known for his heart than anything, and he whines when things don't go his way like when he said UFC is taking over boxing in his post fight interview after he was robbed against Juan Diaz.

Paulie also doesn't know how to throw a proper punch, he throws arm punches and usually lands with his last two knuckles which causes your to break your hand.

I never see Paulie ever turn into his shots and throw hooks or upper cuts all he has are straight punches and he never throws with full momentum behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Malignaggi blaming McGirt was poor sportsmanship. He still to this day believes he didn't really lose to Hatton and blames his training.

Hatton actually fought one of his best fights against Malignaggi cause he beat him at his own game and fought smart.

But man Paulie was talking so much **** too leading up to that fight, and bragged how easy it is to hit hatton and make him miss, talk about putting your foot in your mouth lol. Hatton was the guy doing the hitting and making Paulie miss, This is why I think Paulie is overrated, he is more known for his heart than anything, and he whines when things don't go his way like when he said UFC is taking over boxing in his post fight interview after he was robbed against Juan Diaz.

Paulie also doesn't know how to throw a proper punch, he throws arm punches and usually lands with his last two knuckles which causes your to break your hand.

I never see Paulie ever turn into his shots and throw hooks or upper cuts all he has are straight punches and he never throws with full momentum behind them.
            Hey, you don't have to convince me that Malignaggie is a solid C+ to B- level Boxer. I believe you. Malgnaggie is here to give competitive matches in the B-league of Welterweights.

Comment

Hey, you don't have to convince me that Malignaggie is a solid C+ to B- level Boxer. I believe you. Malgnaggie is here to give competitive matches in the B-league of Welterweights.
              true, doesn't it hurt just seeing how ugly his punching technique is? The guy is supposedly a slick boxer, yet he has no punch arsenal accept straight arm punches and a flicky jab.

Paulie a slick boxer only throws that weak ass straight arm punches no hooks, upper cuts or haymakers or over hands.

I am amazed that he got by on such a limited punch variety.

Comment

He gets by because he has fast feet and hands, a good chin and heart. Not bad attributes, but hatton proved he wasn't anywhere near as slick as he thought he was.

Mind you, whilst ricky has no defensive skills (they don't seem to drill them this side of the pond) he was always very effective going forward. Very fast feet and of could alternate downstairts and upstairs very well.

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusWolf View Post
                  He gets by because he has fast feet and hands, a good chin and heart. Not bad attributes, but hatton proved he wasn't anywhere near as slick as he thought he was.

Mind you, whilst ricky has no defensive skills (they don't seem to drill them this side of the pond) he was always very effective going forward. Very fast feet and of could alternate downstairts and upstairs very well.
                  Pretty much true here, also Hatton isn't that bad a boxer watch him put on a master classing against I believe then unbeaten Juan Urango.

Comment

Originally posted by OptimusWolf View Post

good point on paulies attributes.

Hatton look really good in the fight, rarely even got hit flush, he was making Paulie miss, and was hitting him back, even rocking him in the 2nd round.

This and the Kostya fight and Urango are the best Hatton wins. Castillo was already old, but it was still an impressive body shot finish.

Hatton can fight but he lacked discipline outside the ring and focus.

Comment

Working...
                    X