Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hagler Vs. Hopkins: who wins? explain.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagler Vs. Hopkins: who wins? explain.

who wins this dream match,
    dont simply say who, but explain,
    how do you think they'd win,
    what do they have that will make the fight
    tip in there favor?
    Hagler
    61.45%
    Hopkins
    38.55%

In a 15 round fight with the oldschool gloves, I think Hagler wins by late stoppage....I can see Hopkins getting a good points lead but Hagler will slowly but surely pressure Hopkins and break him down. Hagler wins TKO 12-15 imo. If we're talking the new rules 12 rounds with the big gloves I think Hopkins would scrape a UD 116-112 with some close last rounds as Hagler realises he has to knock Hopkins out.

Comment

Originally posted by TEDetc View Post
      In a 15 round fight with the oldschool gloves, I think Hagler wins by late stoppage....I can see Hopkins getting a good points lead but Hagler will slowly but surely pressure Hopkins and break him down. Hagler wins TKO 12-15 imo. If we're talking the new rules 12 rounds with the big gloves I think Hopkins would scrape a UD 116-112 with some close last rounds as Hagler realises he has to knock Hopkins out.
      good breakdown.

my oppion is that niether fighter will get knocked out.
      i actually think hopkins would win a UD, he's got the hieght, and great counter-punching.
      hopkins does well with guys with big workrates, i think he counters hagler, getting an early lead, with the later rounds being close, but the early lead i think would lead to a hopkins UD, with the begining being fought at hopkins pace.

this fight would be between the early 80's hagler,
      and the late 90's early 00's hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by portuge puncher View Post
        good breakdown.

my oppion is that niether fighter will get knocked out.
        i actually think hopkins would win a UD, he's got the hieght, and great counter-punching.
        hopkins does well with guys with big workrates, i think he counters hagler, getting an early lead, with the later rounds being close, but the early lead i think would lead to a hopkins UD, with the begining being fought at hopkins pace.

this fight would be between the early 80's hagler,
        and the late 90's early 00's hopkins.
        Yeah I think Hopkins would get atleast the first 4-5 rounds comfortably with Hagler turning on the pressure late on in the fight. 12 rounds Hopkins takes it with some exciting final rounds but in a 15 round fight I'm not sure I think Hagler could get the decision or stop Hopkins in a 15 rounder. Although, I've never seen Hopkins in a 15 rounder so we don't know how he'd react in that situation so I'm basing my opinion on that on Haglers strength in 15 rounders only. It'd be a great fight man Hopkins has the skills, speed and intelligence to get the UD but Hagler has the pressure, workrate and power to hurt and trouble Hopkins. Hopkins does tend to eat up high work rate fighters but none of them have been Hagler calibre.

So yeah 12 rounds against each others prime Hopkins 116-112 with exciting last rounds. 15 rounds against each others prime I'd go for Hagler via late TKO or controversial SD although that's me being abit bias for Hagler there.

Comment

yea, the scoring in this fight for 15 rounds would be hard.

first 4-5 rounds probbably B-hop
          rounds 6-10 probbably REALLY close
          rounds 11-15 robbably for hagler.

i think both fighters would have a good chance, probbably ending in a SD

Comment

The EXECUTIONERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Hopkins is a better fighter.

Comment

imo Hopkins.

Funny thing is, i feel Hearns would be more trouble for Hopkins than Hagler would imo. Since Hagler would be too slow for Hopkins' Defence imo.

Only thing that may have caused Hopkins' problems is Work-Rate, which meant his opponent may have stolen the round for pitty-pattying a bit

Comment

Hagler. I think his power and will would defeat B-Hop's ringcraft. Very close one, though, between two of the best ever MWs.

Comment

hagler got outboxed by small old leonard and small old duran, what makes you think hopkins couldnt do it?

Comment

Hagler on UD or late TKO.

Comment

Working...
                    X