Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else play the demo you get for buying Dragon's Dogma?

Comment

• Alright, dled and tried the demo. set in 3 different scenario's.

It's good. Leon's i enjoyed.

Chris's felt like PURE gears of WAR.

Jake's was alright.

So far, it's decent.

Comment

• I've tried Chris' and was killed by that monster. Haven't played it ever since.

I'll get more in to the game when it comes out.

Comment

• Played Demo, pretty good. Was pissing me off cause I played an open game and the guy that joined kept dying, must of been a kid. The edition with the past Resident Evils sounds awesome, I may get it. On second thought maybe not if it's digital downloads, I hate that.

Comment

• I finally played the demo for the second time last night. This time I didn't die, I played Leon's and Chris's and finished the whole little demo. I've yet to play Wesker Jr but I think i'm gonna do that right now. I can't for this game to come out.

Comment

• Is the demo on psn??

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                Is the demo on psn??
                Yeah.

Since this is the RE6 thread, I won't go as hard as I want on the demo, but it was not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Yeah.

Since this is the RE6 thread, I won't go as hard as I want on the demo, but it was not good.
                  Elaborate on what you didn't like.

I thought Leon was Leon, just RE4 Leon. Didn't feel much of a difference which is good. I like how you can rely on hand to hand combat more now, saves bullets. I found myself kicking more zombies than shooting them, even when I was surrounded.

Chris was basically the return of RE5, which many people didn't like, but I loved RE5. It was a fun game for a Survival Horror/3rd Person Shooter game. RE5 also had replay value, that's always a good quality for a video game to have. Chris story in the demo is not scary at all, no horror to it whatsoever. They have completely eliminated horror from Chris' storyline. I remember Resident Evil 1 where Chris was the main character of that game, scary as hell at the time, actual horror. Now he's like a soldier basically. When the big monster popped out from the building, that was the first "Oh sh-t" moment I had, I admit it had m heart beating fast, but it not horrifying. Just like, "how the f-ck am I gonna take this thing down". In conclusion, I would just call Chris' part Action/Thriller/Third Person shooter.

I've yet to play Jake, so I have no opinion on that but I will come back and give my take on that when I do play him.

Comment

• Demo was alright, but I hate that the camera feels so damn close.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Elaborate on what you didn't like.

I thought Leon was Leon, just RE4 Leon. Didn't feel much of a difference which is good. I like how you can rely on hand to hand combat more now, saves bullets. I found myself kicking more zombies than shooting them, even when I was surrounded.

Chris was basically the return of RE5, which many people didn't like, but I loved RE5. It was a fun game for a Survival Horror/3rd Person Shooter game. RE5 also had replay value, that's always a good quality for a video game to have. Chris story in the demo is not scary at all, no horror to it whatsoever. They have completely eliminated horror from Chris' storyline. I remember Resident Evil 1 where Chris was the main character of that game, scary as hell at the time, actual horror. Now he's like a soldier basically. When the big monster popped out from the building, that was the first "Oh sh-t" moment I had, I admit it had m heart beating fast, but it not horrifying. Just like, "how the f-ck am I gonna take this thing down". In conclusion, I would just call Chris' part Action/Thriller/Third Person shooter.

I've yet to play Jake, so I have no opinion on that but I will come back and give my take on that when I do play him.
                      Leon's part was okay, but you can melee through the entire thing with little trouble. The second time through, I literally only used the gun the one time you had to, when the zombies are in the doorway, otherwise I went through using the melee. The zombies can take four or five shots to the head before dying, which I don't like.

Chris and Jake both suffered the same problem, they are straightforward shooting with really dumb enemies. The shooting is a downgrade from RE5, the enemies don't react to shots.. Playing as either Chris or Jake was like playing any other average shooter trying to rip off Gears of War.

In general, enemies are really dumb and the graphics are worse than RE5.

Comment

Working...
                      X