No announcement yet.

Mankind's status in 2000 years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mankind's status in 2000 years?

One thing I've been doing of late is trying to use my imagination to configure in my mind what the world would be like after all our passings, projected far into the future.

Two thousands years would be an incredibly long time, when you consider the rise of the United States in just a tenth of that. My concerns are not set so much with technological advances, but who at that stage would be the dominant power, and what would have happened to the Earth's natural resources by that time?

Technical advances define mankind though, so you're not going to get to far without taking that into account. Mankind in 2000 years will be nearly unrecognizable to what it is today. The advances we've had in the last 50 years is almost mind boggling, and even the advances in the past 5-10 years alone are already changing humans as we know it! Designer babies are no longer fiction it is now reality. We can now decide our childrens eye colors on top of removing potential hereditary diseases and defects, with height and other options being right around the corner. So if we can do that right now, imagine 100 years. 200 years. 500 years. It's too far, its inconceivable. 2000 years humankind will be so far evolved by our own doing we simply cannot imagine it at this point.

Comment

Living on Mars.

Comment

One thing I know is those Limey Brits will all die off by tooth decay, and Americans will be to fat to walk and will be eaten by all these damn stay cats we have, it's not going to be pretty !

Comment

We will become a civilization fixated only on the year 1976, and every year will be 1976.

Comment

We might be conquered by an extraterrestrial civilization by then. We don't calculate running into aliens right now, but it might very well happen some day. If we develop into an intergalactic civilization and encounter hostile aliens much more advanced than we are for instance, they may begin the process of conquering and or killing us and making the human race extinct as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
              We might be conquered by an extraterrestrial civilization by then. We don't calculate running into aliens right now, but it might very well happen some day. If we develop into an intergalactic civilization and encounter hostile aliens much more advanced than we are for instance, they may begin the process of conquering and or killing us and making the human race extinct as we know it.
              That'll be freaking sweet. Probed arses for everyone

Comment

Comment

Should mankind as we know it even exist 2000 years from now (5th millennium AD), we cannot imagine how things would look like. As Natas mentions, just look at the technological progress etc. over the last 50(!) years. It's just unfathomable. I'd say we're intergalactic (if not extinct as a human race, **** sapiens) and hopefully whatever we come across doesn't destroy us in intergalactic warfare.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X