Max Kellerman Quotes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    "Roy Jones is making Joe Calzaghe look like a washed up Felix Trinidad"

- Calzaghe goes on to clown Jones and beat the piss out of him for the rest of the fight.

"Devon Alexander is the heir to Floyd Mayweather's pound-for-pound throne"

- On the same night, Alexander gets his head boxed off by Andreas Kotelnik. Sounds punch-drunk in the post fight interview with Kellerman.

"Paul Williams is like Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whittaker and Thomas Hearns all mixed into one fighter "

- Just...
    Sig worthy **** right here

Comment

he cannot hold larry merchant's jock strap.

larry was so much better at interviewing fighters. Max is absolutely horrible. 2 or 3 brief dead end questions and its back to jim.

Larry was so much better. Larry asked thought provoking questions and would milk any moment unlike kellerman who would shut down a potentially great moment like floyd vs shane/bernard.

Kellerman sucks just like his rachel maddow manny paquiao analogy.

Comment

After Donaire beat Montiel Robert Garica said Kellerman told him he no longer is a trainer that only trains "B level fighters"

Comment

"Fuhck everyone at boxingscene.com, especially in the non stop boxing forum"

Max the God

Comment

Max Kellerman especially hates British boxers.

"Calzaghe was knocked down in the first round against Eubank" (lie)

"Calzaghe is doing worse than a shot Felix Trinidad did against Roy Jones" (lie)

"Berto beat Urango by a wider margin on the cards than Ricky Hatton did" (lie)

"Most people thought Colazzo beat Hatton" (lie, check the old press scores and the old polls on various websites)

He hates the Klitschkos too:

"Wladimir Klitschko only gets TKOs, never clean KOs" (lie)

"Boxing would be better off without one of the Klitschkos" (in a discussion in 2006 about whether Vitali is retired)

Comment

I can't take kellerman seriously. He says some dumb **** sometimes and to think he really does not have personal experience in boxing. Roy jones jr., Malignaggi, heck even Lennox ****in Lewis is better than him mainly because they know they're ****.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post

Max the God, boxing's abdul-jabbar.
                I knew you would be in here defending Max.

I wish Max could do fights with Teddy Atlas and Paulie. That would be the best crew ever.

Comment

The biggest difference between Merchant and Kellerman is that Larry always seemed like he was being himself. Max always comes across as a fake. There's something manufactured about his personality.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    The biggest difference between Merchant and Kellerman is that Larry always seemed like he was being himself. Max always comes across as a fake. There's something manufactured about his personality.
                    Agreed, Larry was just being himself. He had a style preference, like anyone else, but he didn't d1ckride a fighter no matter what he did, he called **** like he saw.

HBO has such a rich and wonderful history with boxing and yet I feel like Max has single-handedly ruined the entire broadcast for me.

His commentating has become increasingly more annoying. He tries so very hard to convince people he's wise and that he sees things that others don't and it's so very important he point this out to us simpletons because we will undoubtedly make something completely else out of it. Just this past weekend his inflated boxing eye was on full display; he tried to explain why Zou Shiming smiles in the ring and looks like he's having fun, although he's done this plenty of times, apparently it's because Zou can't believe he can fight this well and Zou is currently in shock of his own boxing ability - what an idiot. During Pac-Algieri, I recall he said that "very few fleet-footed boxers" with light punching power have beaten Pacquiao, "fewer than most boxing fans realize," because apparently Pacquiao's 5 losses will quite so confuse us. Besides counting Bradley, how many other fighters is he referring to? He's awful, there's no other way to explain it.

Dude belongs on a youtube channel. He should switch spots with Dwyer.
                    Last edited by SCEN3RY; 11-26-2014, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Its also really funny when he tries to correct roy jones Jr on ring strategy. I think the kid is arrogant and an idiot, i hate nepotism!!

Comment

Working...
                      X