Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My coach puts me on the 100lb bag. Everything else feels too pushy

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
      Ok, I'm in punching bag capital of the world, Southern California . This is the Mecca of punching bags . Revgear, Pro Boxing Supplies, Pro Boxing Equipment, Outslayer, Prolast , BiltTuff, PermaBilt and Musashi are/were making bags here.
      The standard weight for NO SAND added bags are 80 lbs for 14" by 45-48" bags. 100 lbs for 5 foot versions of that . Or 18" by 4 feet. 200 lbs would be HUGE AND LONG. You're looking at 20" by 5 feet or so .
      The reason they are so much more expensive than 100 lbs bags is they use more FILLING and the bags are larger . The best filler are POLYESTER cloth . They have hydraulic press that press those fabric . IF they made a 4 ft bag into a 200 lbs bag ( 14" diameter ), the filler would be TOO HARD.
      If they add sand ( in bags ), the bag would develop hard spots. Those are common with cheap Everlast bags .

My advice to you is to get an unfilled 18" by 5 ft. bag . Go to Ebay and search Hammer Head punching bag. He can probably make you one for less than $100. Then you will have to gather polyester/rayon cloth and fill that bag yourself . Use sledgehammer to compact the filler .
      You're gonna need a lot of cloth. You might have to hit a lot of tailors in your local area to ask for their cutoffs. Best would be those who make women's dress b/c they use a lot of rayon . Cotton/denim are too hard and are not springy.
      Professional bag hitter over here.

Comment

Originally posted by dannytrantom View Post
        there are a lot of seasoned vets here with many years of experience. I have very limited income. I cannot afford a 200 pound heavy bag. I have a 100 pound heavy bag that cost $95. Why is it that for double the weight it costs nearly $300-400 for a 200 pound bag. But my main question is how can I add more weight to my heavy bag and safely. I thought about roping or duct taping weights to my 100 pound bag, because I heard people talk about it in forums but have not seen any vids on youtube. Thanks!
        Buddy buy this, it’s in your price range and turn you into a killer

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
          Buddy buy this, it’s in your price range and turn you into a killer

Abracada is right. I bought and based on his advise I punch like Mike Tyson now.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            Abracada is right. I bought and based on his advise I punch like Mike Tyson now.
            Hahaha nothing more fun than punching a celeb

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Boxing-...vkzBDvkooxWaeQ

Give that a thought.

Comment

A lot of people always miss the unfilled language and look in shock when the unfilled bag arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  A lot of people always miss the unfilled language and look in shock when the unfilled bag arrives.
                  They do.
                  They expect way too much of FREE shipping and the low price. lol

Comment

They do.
                    They expect way too much of FREE shipping and the low price. lol
                    I admit that the first time I received one I also thought it would come filled. Boy was I wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X