Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxnation commentary for Lomachenko-Rigondeaux. Bias gone too far?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hated how Buffer announced his record as "nine wins and one disputed loss". Certain people are trying to rewrite history regarding that fight and I don't even see why. There's absolutely no shame in losing to Salido in your second pro bout. It was actually an invaluable experience for him

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I am paraphrasing but the first part is near enough word for word what he said.

All of it is near enough exactly what they said.

I was so bamboozled by it I wrote it down in my notes on my phone
      Theres a big difference between ' no one really talks about it anymore to ' we do not talk about that' lol.

So basically Boxnation had been instructed to follow a script about lomachenko for some unknown reasons despite him having nothing to do with fish eyes warren or boxnation ?

I will say however, it honestly sounded like they were reading from a script in the Williams V smith fight.

best of a bad bunch im afraid, I literally cannot listen to HBO anymore, and everyone at Sky seems like they are terrified to speak out or like Johnny Nelson they are literally just trolling...

Comment

Boxnation just called it how it is...

They have no agenda's to push

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          Theres a big difference between ' no one really talks about it anymore to ' we do not talk about that' lol.

So basically Boxnation had been instructed to follow a script about lomachenko for some unknown reasons despite him having nothing to do with fish eyes warren or boxnation ?

I will say however, it honestly sounded like they were reading from a script in the Williams V smith fight.

best of a bad bunch im afraid, I literally cannot listen to HBO anymore, and everyone at Sky seems like they are terrified to speak out or like Johnny Nelson they are literally just trolling...
          I am almost certain that he said "but we don't talk about that" but if he didn't I stand corrected.

Comment

All we know is that a 34 year old Mexican vet beat a Lightweight Gold Medalist.

Now Salido at 37 with far too many losses.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              I hated how Buffer announced his record as "nine wins and one disputed loss". Certain people are trying to rewrite history regarding that fight and I don't even see why. There's absolutely no shame in losing to Salido in your second pro bout. It was actually an invaluable experience for him
              I picked up on that too!

Since when does an announcer throw his opinion in there on the wins and loss's?

"And fighter A in the blue corner with a record of 20 wins, 1 loss and 5 robberies"

Just announce the record.

Comment

Originally posted by LalinPromotions View Post
                All we know is that a 34 year old Mexican vet beat a Lightweight Gold Medalist.

Now Salido at 37 with far too many losses.
                He had like 12 back then didn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I am almost certain that he said "but we don't talk about that" but if he didn't I stand corrected.
                  I remember that line because I used to have a friend that said the same thing. The announcer said it in the same effeminate way.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    I hated how Buffer announced his record as "nine wins and one disputed loss".
                    Wow, disgusting. I actually rooted for Loma against Salido (who I dislike) but revisionist history is a type of mental poison and I'm against anyone who tries to sling that bullshyt.

Comment

I have always thought they were biased, Barry Jones especially and the other guy gets influenced by him.

I though they were pro-Golovkin against Canelo.

I also thought they were pro-Mayweather for any fight they covered of his. Barry Jones literally would barely mention any punch that was landed on Floyd, and would go crazy every time Floyd landed a combination, and it generally just became a noshing fest. Floyd was a genius, but jesus just call the round.

That is the problem with most commentators I find, they try and tell the fight as a story, so the play by play starts having to fit into their script. Whereas they should just call the action and do less analysing, it would be so much better.

Al Bernstein is the least annoying I find, because he doesn't mind changing his opinion during a fight, depending on how the fight is going, he will stand to be corrected.

Comment

Working...
                      X