Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How dare people say Joe Louis would have been knocked out by Mike Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How dare people say Joe Louis would have been knocked out by Mike Tyson?

I just saw a thread where people argued that Tyson was "bigger, faster, stronger, more powerful" so would have won and koed Louis in 1st round. Thats ridiculous, people seem to underestimate Louis chin because he was knocked out by Max Schmeling, forgetting the fact that he was knocked out by consecutive right hands over 12 rounds and was grossly out of shape. In his fight with Max Baer was Louis not taking his hardest punches? everytime Louis was knocked down he was getting up and in control before the round was over, that shows recuperative skill. Joe Louis would have beaten Mike with his jab, superior boxing skills and crushing uppercuts on the inside, Louis by eight round KO

I always liked Louis by TKO in this match-up.

Comment

My two favourite fighters of ALL TIME right there.

Tyson definately packed the power plus had the speed and talent to KO Joe imo and if he did do it it would have been early, so someone saying Tyson KO 1 or KO2 to me is believable and not as disrespectfull as it sounds but on the flip side Joe was a great technition with insane power of his own and perhaps even better combinations (love both these guys when the let the power shots stream together) so a strong case can be made for him getting Tyson outta there

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
        I just saw a thread where people argued that Tyson was "bigger, faster, stronger, more powerful" so would have won and koed Louis in 1st round. Thats ridiculous, people seem to underestimate Louis chin because he was knocked out by Max Schmeling, forgetting the fact that he was knocked out by consecutive right hands over 12 rounds and was grossly out of shape. In his fight with Max Baer was Louis not taking his hardest punches? everytime Louis was knocked down he was getting up and in control before the round was over, that shows recuperative skill. Joe Louis would have beaten Mike with his jab, superior boxing skills and crushing uppercuts on the inside, Louis by eight round KO
        I wouldn't say the first round. But Tyson is a lot better puncher than Max Baer. It's not as simple as PSI when it comes to how good a puncher is. Not only was Tyson a very strong HW, he also possessed incredible speed and accuracy. Tyson loses when he can be pushed back and out worked, frustrated and also when Tyson isn't motivated himself. Louis is very straight forward, throws nice sharp inside punches but really hasn't seen anyone like Mike Tyson ever in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          My two favourite fighters of ALL TIME right there.

Tyson definately packed the power plus had the speed and talent to KO Joe imo and if he did do it it would have been early, so someone saying Tyson KO 1 or KO2 to me is believable and not as disrespectfull as it sounds but on the flip side Joe was a great technition with insane power of his own and perhaps even better combinations (love both these guys when the let the power shots stream together) so a strong case can be made for him getting Tyson outta there
          I dont think its possible for Tyson to get the early round ko, maybe a knockdown but not a ko. Maybe if Louis still made the mistake that cost him against Schmeling, but no not a pime in shape Louis. If Louis did get knocked down he would get up and use his jab and boxing skills to outbox Tyson and tie him up on the inside, remember Tyson wasnt a swarmer so Louis doesnt have to fear much, and even if Tyson was, Louis in his prime mastered how to tear swarmers apart, just watch his second fight with Arturo Godoy.

Comment

If prime Tyson got into a time machine and get a automatic title shot against Louis and Louis never got the chance to see how Mike fought than I think Mike would've knocked him out in under 6.

Prime Tyson was unlike any heavyweight boxer ever. Tyson by devastating uppercut.
            moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              If prime Tyson got into a time machine and get a automatic title shot against Louis and Louis never got the chance to see how Mike fought than I think Mike would've knocked him out in under 6.

Prime Tyson was unlike any heavyweight boxer ever. Tyson by devastating uppercut.

lol, agreed. Tyson would have iced him. I don't think by uppercut, most likely a hook but never the less it would be a knockout. I would have to say it would be sad for Joe to get owned like I think he would get owned.
              moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                I wouldn't say the first round. But Tyson is a lot better puncher than Max Baer. It's not as simple as PSI when it comes to how good a puncher is. Not only was Tyson a very strong HW, he also possessed incredible speed and accuracy. Tyson loses when he can be pushed back and out worked, frustrated and also when Tyson isn't motivated himself. Louis is very straight forward, throws nice sharp inside punches but really hasn't seen anyone like Mike Tyson ever in his career.
                Tyson would definetly have been pushed back and frustrated and Louis was a master of catching his opponent coming in, Holyfields counter punching ability gave Tyson problems, Louis was more effective, his footwork decieving his opponents and drawing them in and his power much greater, on the inside Tyson would be peppered with uppercuts, watch the second fight with Godoy Louis is constantly circling out of the swarmers way, using his jab and uppercuts powerful enough to lift a 230lb Tony Galento off his feet and Godoy had good head movement.
                Last edited by kendom; 06-02-2011, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post

Come on lets not overrate Tyson here, prime Tyson would have lost to a great host of heavyweights and Louis was one of them, Louis surpasses him in handspeed, slighty in punching power, has the height and reach advantage and better boxing skills and to knock him out with an uppercut Tyson would have to get on the inside and Louis was a much better infighter than he was, with better body punching and feints. Tyson was a mid range fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    lol, agreed. Tyson would have iced him. I don't think by uppercut, most likely a hook but never the less it would be a knockout. I would have to say it would be sad for Joe to get owned like I think he would get owned.
                    Exactly how would he get owned? Elaborate sir

Comment

Working...
                    X