No announcement yet.

heavyweigths who punched the hardest to the body from liston to now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavyweigths who punched the hardest to the body from liston to now

i would say foreman.he didnt go to the body alot but when he did it was very affective

NOBODY went to the body with more consistency and determination than Joe Frazier. The greatest bodypunching heavyweight of all-time, imo. However, he was more of an accumilation puncher.

Shot for shot, Foreman and Tyson threw some vicious shots to the midsection.

Comment

yeah i should of said shot for shot who hits the hardest not who went to the body more..if you want to see a good example of what i mean watch the second frazier foreman fight..when the hit joe to the body he dropped his elbows

Comment

Max Baer may have been the hardest hitting heavyweight in history! If not for his clowning and playboy lifestyle taking him away from any serious training he may have done much more! He pulverized his opponents with punches to the body and head. 2 of Max's opponents died due to beatings they sustained in their matches with Max.

Comment

Marciano's got to be up there.

"When Marciano was destroying all challengers with his blockbuster assault, the U.S. Testing Co. was asked to measure the power of Rocky's wallop. Its findings:
          "Marciano's knockout blow packs more explosive energy than an armour-piercing bullet and represents as much energy as would be required to spot lift 1000 pounds one foot off the ground." Boxing Illustrated December 1963"

I can't see someone hitting much harder than that.

Comment

For one punch power I would say George Foreman.

All around best bodypunching and inside fighting ability goes to both Louis and Dempsey.

Comment

Originally posted by BadMagick
              Marciano's got to be up there.

"When Marciano was destroying all challengers with his blockbuster assault, the U.S. Testing Co. was asked to measure the power of Rocky's wallop. Its findings:
              "Marciano's knockout blow packs more explosive energy than an armour-piercing bullet and represents as much energy as would be required to spot lift 1000 pounds one foot off the ground." Boxing Illustrated December 1963"

I can't see someone hitting much harder than that.
              i'd seen a special on boxing greats and snaps of marciano's fights are very telling that this guy depended heavily on body punches to win fights. he was like a raging bull!

Comment

Yea, Rocky hit with bombs. At 180 pounds, i think its safe to say he was the hardest puncher pound for pound.

Comment

Foreman actually went to the body quite often and was devastating. He gets my vote. Liston also loved to wail away with both hands at opponentīs midsections when they tried to clinch him, and you could tell those punches were HARD. Wouldīve loved to see Ruiz try his hug-a-thon style against Sonny Liston . .

Comment

ummm i said from liston to now so that dont include marciano or baer..the gloves from back then werent really that cushioned..so comparing guys who wore small gloves ,fought alot of small guys and who didnt fight many of the best black fighters isnt really race is it?so please name only people from liston to today please

Comment

Working...
                    X