- Lucas Matthysse, 28-1 (26KO) - SD 10 - IBF WW title
    - Randall Bailey, 37, 43-7 (37KO) - UD 12

Khan top 5 wins:

Andreas Kotelnik, 31, 31-2-1 (13KO) - UD12 WBA LWW title
    Paulie Malignaggi, 29, 27-3 (5KO) -TKO 11
    Marcos Maidana, 27, 29-1 (27KO) - UD 12
    Zab Judah, 33, 41-6 (28KO) - TKO5 IBF WW title
    Dimitry Salita, 28, 30-0-1 (16KO) - TKO1

- I included wins for Alexander against Kotelnik and Matthysse in the consideration, though they were very disputed. Equally, I did not include Khan's disputed loss to Lamont Peterson.

Who's got the upper hand and why?
    Khan
    64.81%
    Alexander
    35.19%

The poll is expired.

I voted Khan, he has 0 disputed wins, some say the Maidana fight was close, which it was but I cant imagine it being scored for Marcos. I think you should have included Alexanders "win" over Kotelnik instead of Urango. That would have been 2 losses for him LOL

Comment

You can probably cut it within a ****s hair of distance.

Alexander should have a couple of more L's on his record, and can sound like a velociraptor crying over a thumb-nail.

Khan can look like a world beater, then look like Bambi on oil slicked ice skates traveling uphill against the 108th 147 pounder in the world.

I'm trying to see a good fight out of this, but I just don't see it.

Comment

Khan. I refuse to consider Kotelnik and Matthysse as wins for Alexander. He didn't win those fights. Take them away and obviously Khan has the better wins.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          I voted Khan, he has 0 disputed wins, some say the Maidana fight was close, which it was but I cant imagine it being scored for Marcos. I think you should have included Alexanders "win" over Kotelnik instead of Urango. That would have been 2 losses for him LOL
          The win over Urango was Alexander's claim to fame imo. Though I think Kotelnik is probably a more established fighter if you will and probably did beat Devon, but for his career, Urango was better.

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          You can probably cut it within a ****s hair of distance.

Alexander should have a couple of more L's on his record, and can sound like a velociraptor crying over a thumb-nail.

Khan can look like a world beater, then look like Bambi on oil slicked ice skates traveling uphill against the 108th 147 pounder in the world.

I'm trying to see a good fight out of this, but I just don't see it.
          Both very true. Khan is definitely the more talented fighter and is much easier on the eye, but Alexander is more consistent and solid.

Depending on who gets the upper hand in their fight, i could see 3 things happening. A clinch-fest, a great battle or a Khan crusing to an easy UD.

Comment

Or Khan getting dropped on his ass.

Lets get one thing straight.

That is the whole nuts and berries of the whole thing, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              Or Khan getting dropped on his ass.

Lets get one thing straight.

That is the whole nuts and berries of the whole thing, innit?
              That is of course a 4th possibility. haha.

I just don't see it happening. When is the last time Alexander dropped anyone? Urango? Of course, Khan's punch resistance is all but gone, but still.

Comment

ughh.. im so sick of ppl crying over matthysse being robbed, he wasnt! they were both close fights that could have gon either way. in this case it went for alexander and thats 100% fair. he did lose to kotelnik though, also a close fight but kotelnik unlike matthysse did win enough rounds clearly to set himself apart as the better fighter.

im going with alexander whos fought ppl of all styles and taken fewer Ls than khan. one thing i look at is how would they have done against each others competition. clearly khan did better with kotelnik but i think it ends there for him. if he on the other hand fought the likes of bailey, matthysse or even witter and urango i think he would be knocked out every time.

they protected him from punchers his whole career, the only puncher he beat was the most crude one of all in maidana who he still looked terrible against. of course alexander outboxed maidana with relative ease.

Comment

It's clearly Alexander imo..

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    The win over Urango was Alexander's claim to fame imo. Though I think Kotelnik is probably a more established fighter if you will and probably did beat Devon, but for his career, Urango was better.
                    You don't think his schooling of Maidana should be his claim to fame??

Comment

Working...
                    X