No announcement yet.

Would you hire a fat person?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you hire a fat person?

Can't help it.... I admit that I actually think and feel that fat = lazy. The outliers are the exception. I'm talking about the others who don't want to be fat but are still fat.

I attribute lack of willpower and inability to do something simple like not eating that Twinkie for a midnight snack. I also assume one doesn't have his priorities straight as one's health should be #1....superseded maybe by one's own family only. Fatties also indicate possible depression and who wants a depressed employee?

And specifically to the restaurant industry it's just damn hard to move around if you're large. So if you're an employee would you discriminate against a fat person?

Originally posted by One_Tycoon View Post
    Can't help it.... I admit that I actually think and feel that fat = lazy. The outliers are the exception. I'm talking about the others who don't want to be fat but are still fat.

I attribute lack of willpower and inability to do something simple like not eating that Twinkie for a midnight snack. I also assume one doesn't have his priorities straight as one's health should be #1....superseded maybe by one's own family only. Fatties also indicate possible depression and who wants a depressed employee?

And specifically to the restaurant industry it's just damn hard to move around if you're large. So if you're an employee would you discriminate against a fat person?
    Fat women usually make tastier meals, they have more experience. If you get a anorexic cook you know the meal is going to be shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      Fat women usually make tastier meals, they have more experience. If you get a anorexic cook you know the meal is going to be shite.
      Perhaps a cook. I should've specifically said a server. And more generally any labor job in manufacturing/unloading boxes out of a truck.

Comment

If I was an employer I would choose a non fat person over a fat person because fat people are either over-happy or over-obnoxious.

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
          If I was an employer I would choose a non fat person over a fat person because fat people are either over-happy or over-obnoxious.
          You forgot, always eating ...

Comment

You can't go based on appearance alone. There's some skinny people who eat like like fat people and never gain weight... And then there's fat people who don't eat **** and are fat as ****...

Comment

It's actually been proven that fat people are funnier people overall. So yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gera View Post
                You can't go based on appearance alone. There's some skinny people who eat like like fat people and never gain weight... And then there's fat people who don't eat **** and are fat as ****...
                Didn't I say in my OP that those are teh exceptions. This doesn't change the generalization I make; but you've got to understand that I'm not focused on the fat...I'm more focused on why the person is fat, which may not be politically correct, but logically and morally I think it is very defensible.

I think the correlation between fat and lazy is so strong that it deserves a special category outside of discrimination, it's 2 qualities that almost go hand-in-hand. But my point is that it is not unjustified discrimination. It's fine if I don't want to hire lazy people with no will power right? I bet fatness can be a better representative of quality than a resume.
                Last edited by One_Tycoon; 12-09-2012, 12:24 AM.

Comment

I'm saying that fat speaks for itself and this is how I reason

Assumptions

1. People don't want to be fat

If they're not willing to take the small steps to improve themselves, why should I assume they'll go the extra mile to improve my business?

Google won't hire you if you had a low SAT score... or something like that.

Being fat is something I can judge in the here and now, not in the past... it's something that we all CAN change, but some choose not to do so.

When we live in an age of superficial appearances, wear a nice suit, double Windsor tie, shined shoes.... I really do feel I'm picking an aesthetic quality which has direct correlation with personality. I also wouldn't hire someone that came to an interview without shined shoes nor a perfect tie knot... and if you say the best people in your life didn't wear ties or shoes, that doesn't quite affect my hiring practices.

Comment

Didn't I say in my OP that those are teh exceptions. This doesn't change the generalization I make; but you've got to understand that I'm not focused on the fat...I'm more focused on why the person is fat, which may not be politically correct, but logically and morally I think it is very defensible.

I think the correlation between fat and lazy is so strong that it deserves a special category outside of discrimination, it's 2 qualities that almost go hand-in-hand. But my point is that it is not unjustified discrimination. It's fine if I don't want to hire lazy people with no will power right? I bet fatness can be a better representative of quality than a resume.
                    How can u tell Y the person is fat based on appearance alone? That sounds like pure discrimination, unless u have a history with the person.

Comment

Working...
                    X