Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're Ready Now! Deontay Wilder Trainer Jay Deas Questions Why AJ Won't Fight Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Ready Now! Deontay Wilder Trainer Jay Deas Questions Why AJ Won't Fight Next

Eddie Hearn gave some explanation as to why Anthony Joshua won't put pen to paper on an immediate clash with Deontay Wilder recently, when the Matchroom promoter appeared on Spencer Fearon's podcast. Hearn confirmed that Wilder is requesting 50% split and refusing to budge on the offer.

The video, uploaded by Behind The Gloves to YouTube, shows Hearn addressing Wilder directly and stating once Joseph Parker is out of the way, he's next.

Wilder's trainer Jay Deas, speaking exclusively to World Boxing News, believes Hearn is sending mixed messages about Joshua's real desire to face the American.

"I'm glad it's finally public, open and out there for the world to see who wants the fight and who doesn't," Deas told World Boxing News.

"Eddie says, 'We're here. We're waiting for you. Let's go...but first...(we face Parker)'. Which in my minds translates to: 'We want no part of Wilder right now even though the fans want and deserve it. We are the problem, not Wilder. We're the ones holding this up!'

"Fighters have a lot of power. Especially Joshua, who could tell Hearn to - make the Wilder fight immediately - and it would happen. I hope he does this for all the fans.

"As for Deontay, he's ready now! The holder of the most prestigious belt (WBC) in all of boxing is ready, willing and able to lay it on the line immediately.

"Why isn't the other side," he asked.

It seems a clash with Parker is close to finalization, potentially even this weekend, leaving Wilder staring at another meaningless defense in his pursuit to unify.

Compatriot Dominic Breazeale, who has some previous beef with Wilder, could now come to the fore, although Joshua remains the number one target as and when the Briton accepts the challenge.

'The Bronze Bomber' proved just how dangerous he could be when blasting out Bermane Stiverne in just one round on November 4, and like Joshua has knocked out every single opponent he's ever faced.

Nice to see Deas totally skirt the very, very minor issue of money.

If Deontay is ready to fight immediately maybe he should come down on his split to get the fight over the line? I'm guessing he's only 'ready immediately' if he's getting all the cash he wants though?

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
      Nice to see Deas totally skirt the very, very minor issue of money.

If Deontay is ready to fight immediately maybe he should come down on his split to get the fight over the line? I'm guessing he's only 'ready immediately' if he's getting all the cash he wants though?
      all the talk of wilders split and wilder wanting 50/50 means absolute jack ****....until hearn makes an offer

you idiots like use excuses that make no sense when they are convenient for you

if wilder will take 35 percent why would he announce it from the jump if he think he can squeeze 40 percent possibly? you idiots know nothing about negotiation or finance....which isnt suprising to me...most of you are broke, deadbeat, idiots

wilders not going to come out and say "ok guys heres my bottom line give me that and its cool".....

until hearn, who is likely going to host the fight, makes wilder an offer than anything wilder says in regards to his demands or desired purses means absolutely nothing

i know thats a hard concept for you morons to grasp...if there is no offer there is no point to negotiate

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        all the talk of wilders split and wilder wanting 50/50 means absolute jack ****....until hearn makes an offer

you idiots like use excuses that make no sense when they are convenient for you

if wilder will take 35 percent why would he announce it from the jump if he think he can squeeze 40 percent possibly? you idiots know nothing about negotiation or finance....which isnt suprising to me...most of you are broke, deadbeat, idiots

wilders not going to come out and say "ok guys heres my bottom line give me that and its cool".....

until hearn, who is likely going to host the fight, makes wilder an offer than anything wilder says in regards to his demands or desired purses means absolutely nothing

i know thats a hard concept for you morons to grasp...if there is no offer there is no point to negotiate
        "Hearn confirmed that Wilder is requesting 50% split and refusing to budge on the offer. "

Of course Wilder isn't going to come in and say what he's willing to accept and will always come in higher... but in a negotiation you come in higher and lower your demands yet from what we've heard Wilder is unwilling to do so.

Nice try with the'there's no offer and nothing to discuss' by the way... considering Hearn Sr met up with Finkel the other week to discuss the Joshua-Wilder fight and Eddie Hearn met with Haymon/Dibella to discuss the Joshua'Wilder fight when he was in NY last month then that's clearly a moronic statement as there have been reported ongoing discussions between both teams.
        Last edited by Deus; 11-30-2017, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
          "Hearn confirmed that Wilder is requesting 50% split and refusing to budge on the offer. "

Of course Wilder isn't going to come in and say what he's willing to accept and will always come in higher... but in a negotiation you come in higher and lower your demands yet from what we've heard Wilder is unwilling to do so.

Nice try with the'there's no offer and nothing to discuss' by the way... considering Hearn Sr met up with Finkel the other week to discuss the Joshua-Wilder fight and Eddie Hearn met with Haymon/Dibella to discuss the Joshua'Wilder fight when he was in NY last month then that's clearly a moronic statement.
          discussing a fight preliminarily and sending a formal offer are two completely different things....you imbecile.....

remember when ggg was being accused of ducking lara...and finally after all the call outs and backlash k2 finally sat down with laras manager to preliminarily discuss a fight....but no formal offer was ever made...does that a ring a bell to you?

you can sit down and discuss things ....but where is the formal offer? did hearn say he sent a contract offer? or did he just say "wilder wouldnt take 10 mil" ? LOL

Comment

Wilder thinks he's worth 50%, yet has no clue as to why his phone isn't ringing off the hook. I guess when you think you are worth that much to begin with, you are obviously delusional.

Comment

because he wants 50/50

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                discussing a fight preliminarily and sending a formal offer are two completely different things....you imbecile.....

remember when ggg was being accused of ducking lara...and finally after all the call outs and backlash k2 finally sat down with laras manager to preliminarily discuss a fight....but no formal offer was ever made...does that a ring a bell to you?

you can sit down and discuss things ....but where is the formal offer? did hearn say he sent a contract offer? or did he just say "wilder wouldnt take 10 mil" ? LOL
                Almost all deals are agreed in principle verbally before a written contract is sent over because it is much easier to discuss something than it is to amend a document repeatedly.

Anyway, seems like you're completely unwilling to be reasonable so i'm out of this discussion. Get back to me when you're able to talk like a mature adult.

Comment

Another day, another pile of **** from team wilder. I predicted weeks ago that wilder would price himself out and keep shouting his mouth off and that is exactly what has happened. Just fight brezeale and let AJ take the risks.

Comment

didn't dispute the 50 percent claim at all. he knows wilder got busted

Comment

Working...
                    X