Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does ginger take a risk with a Floyd fight looming?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't want a Canelo-Trout fight but you know what.. let Canelo fight Trout so he can **** him up. If that's what these Trout hypemen want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I honestly think Canelo-Trout is next.

Maybe I'm being hopeful, maybe I'm being plain naive. But, I honestly think Canelo-Trout is going to be on May 4th. If not, I'm thinking it will be Angulo or Kirkland. I think GBP will actually put Canelo in a dangerous fight against a top fighter, making the Mayweather fight bigger.

Another WW just won't do.
      Agree with it being Angulo or Kirkland. As much as I feel Canelo would fight Trout, I don't think Oscar and GBP are going to risk Mayweather-Alvarez against Trout. If they do, it's because Canelo pushed and pushed for it relentlessly.

I'd be happy with Kirkland or Angulo.

Congrats on the NSB Poster of the Year Iron Dan. I'm just honored I was mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        I believe that Angulo is actually more dangerous than Trout. With Trout, he gets outboxed. Maybe stunned a few times, but lives to fight on.

With Angulo, things can get real ugly. No matter how we feel about Angulo lately, the fact is he still throws short punches & they still pack genuine power. For some reason boxing fans seem to forget that ginger isn't hard to find & most if not all his opponents have lain leather on him. If Angulo lays leather on ginger, who's to say he can take it??
        I think it will be interesting to see how he takes Angulo's punches. We know he can be hurt, but we don't know how good his chin really is at this point.

He's not hard to find, Angulo will hit him.

I just think Canelo will also hit Angulo and possibly hurt him badly.

I'd like to see that fight though. I'm not really sure how good Angulo is after his time inside. He didn't look good to me in his last fight.

Comment

I also see them giving Canelo someone he can beat for sure if a Mayweather fight is going to happen in Sept. The only 154 pound guy I see as a threat is Trout. I doubt they will fight him in May. I'm thinking they are going to fight Angulo.

Comment

well, let me begin by wishing you and yo fam a happy christmas and holiday season. i hope tacoma is treating you well. you and poet should get trashed at the bars and post up a few pictures

to answer your question:
            i doubt it. i htink they'll look for another relatively easy knockout. no cuts. no hand problems. some smaller guy who can't really hurt him or make him hurt himself.

is it fair?
            nah

is it the right way to prepare a fighter for a long and successful career? not in my opinion.

is it the safest way to ensure your fighter his first payday approaching 8 figures? yes. they'll take a soft touch on the card and look for a chance to showcase him knocking somebody the hell out.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              well, let me begin by wishing you and yo fam a happy christmas and holiday season. i hope tacoma is treating you well. you and poet should get trashed at the bars and post up a few pictures

to answer your question:
              i doubt it. i htink they'll look for another relatively easy knockout. no cuts. no hand problems. some smaller guy who can't really hurt him or make him hurt himself.

is it fair?
              nah

is it the right way to prepare a fighter for a long and successful career? not in my opinion.

is it the safest way to ensure your fighter his first payday approaching 8 figures? yes. they'll take a soft touch on the card and look for a chance to showcase him knocking somebody the hell out.
              That makes me shudder to imagine the opponent. They thought he would stop Shane Mosley and he never came close. An opponent worse than that is an awful thought.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                I also see them giving Canelo someone he can beat for sure if a Mayweather fight is going to happen in Sept. The only 154 pound guy I see as a threat is Trout. I doubt they will fight him in May. I'm thinking they are going to fight Angulo.

trout could very well win against canelo. hell, if he figures him out and canelo can't make his power a factor, trout could win every round.

i too think they will fight angulo. it will be a hellacious fight. canelo in six or seven. angulo has started fast of late, though, and canelo starts slow for an offensive fighter. there will be some give and take. angulo is too slow and too easy to hit for a technician like canleo, though.

you could very well be right about angulo. angulo also doesn't look like the fighter he used to be. i saw him fight live in CT. his punches sounded like a cement bag falling out of a tree. he hurt harry joe yorgey so bad i questioned my character for paying to see it. now he's lost some steam and some speed of hand.

at least angulo is a true junior middleweight. that's a start.

Comment

Are you saying ginger is the ring's #2?? I certainly prefer espn's then.
                  Yes he is and that is a certified fact

Comment

I really, really do.
                    Then you are delusional...

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      That makes me shudder to imagine the opponent. They thought he would stop Shane Mosley and he never came close. An opponent worse than that is an awful thought.
                      That's like trying to imagine Canelo fighting someone like.....Joseito Lopez.

But even they wouldn't stoop that low.

Comment

Working...
                      X