Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been watching some of Mathebula's fights. He's pretty good.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me, or does anybody else feel like Donaire was just waiting to land that big counter left again in his last 2 matches?

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
      he has bad balance, leaves himself wide open & walks straight into shots. he's also been ko'd before & his chin is decent at best.........

his style is perfect for donaire.........(a guy that walks into shots with his hands down)

this is not a solid fight at all.
      He's a step up from WV2. He's only leaves himself open at times because of his height and reach. Most tall guys do that at the lighter weights.

Now your right if Math can't take Nonito's power than its going to end quick. but if he can. Nonito is in for a long night. Jeff throws a lot of punches from all angles.

Not sure what you consider a solid fighter. Math capable of beating the Japanese title holder. The only guys you would make a solid favorites over him are the elite. Rigo, Donaire and Moreno.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        lol don't try to HYPE UP Mathebula, he is a DECENT FIGHTER but nothing special, he is a very beatable fighter for Donaire
        Holy sh$t are you f#cking stupid?

All people who can't read just get off the god damn forum.

Who the hell has called him special. Please quote that part for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          He's a step up from WV2. He's only leaves himself open at times because of his height and reach. Most tall guys do that at the lighter weights.

Now your right if Math can't take Nonito's power than its going to end quick. but if he can. Nonito is in for a long night. Jeff throws a lot of punches from all angles.

Not sure what you consider a solid fighter. Math capable of beating the Japanese title holder. The only guys you would make a solid favorites over him are the elite. Rigo, Donaire and Moreno.
          Not Nishioka?

I agree he is a solid fighter though.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Not Nishioka?

I agree he is a solid fighter though.
            I think that's a pretty close fight. I think Math is a step up from Marquez right now and though Nishioka was solid in that fight I think the other elite like Rigo, Donaire would have destroyed Rafa right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              I think that's a pretty close fight. I think Math is a step up from Marquez right now and though Nishioka was solid in that fight I think the other elite like Rigo, Donaire would have destroyed Rafa right now.
              He'd still be a clear favourite over Mathebula though surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                People tend to think that way about awkward fighters, the thing is, if you have that kind of height adventage that has against anyone he fights, you can do that other fighters can't. Vitaly Klitschko for example. Also it's worth note that Ndlovu was very tall for a weightclass himself, so this adventage was kinda neutralised by that.
                His balance is not the best, that's a fact, but I don't believe he'll be easy to catch with big punches for Donaire and he's definitely not "walking into punches" where did you take that from?
                to me Mathebula is not awkward, naseem hamed is awkward. mathebula just has very bad balance........mathebula doesn't use his height. he's a fighter that doesn't fight tall at all...........

i think he'll be very easy to catch for donaire.........mathebula also is very slow compared to donaire.

total mismatch..............

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  He'd still be a clear favourite over Mathebula though surely?
                  Re-thinking it and your probably right. The way he dismantled Johhny he would have to be the fav.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                    Also I didn't see Mathebula - Caballero, but pretty much everyone who did says it was a robbery and how can fight against a current champion who should've won against one of the best 122 pounders of the last decade be a joke?
                    many people hate my posts on this forum but i have to tell the truth.

mathebula vs donaire is a mismatch & a joke of a match (I'll only say it's acceptable as a stay busy fight)

where will you guys be when mathebula gets ko'd with ease? regardless of the results i will bump this thread.

I don't take anything from the caballero fight because cabellro is a ify fighter.........one day he looks brilliant & the next day he's getting shut out by jason litzau.

Comment

i haven't seen mathebula...does he somewhat fight like ali funeka? freakish height for his division but doesn't use his reach advantage too much? would rather use a busy work rate?

Comment

Working...
                      X