No announcement yet.

Heavyweights to watch - future contenders/champions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by croz View Post
    Former kickboxer? I suppose they could be added, but then I should add Badr Hari and Gokhan Saki as well and people won't like that.
    Former kickboxer who knocked out Clarence Tillman in midweek. The guy is a force and unlike Hari he has a chin (he took the best shots from Jerome Le Banner).

Also Andy Ruiz Jr.

Comment

Dang... first guy looks massive.
      Also I don't know about Tor and Deontay.... mannnnnn, I bet he lines up outside the soup kitchen and home depot to find his opponents

Comment

Former kickboxer? I suppose they could be added, but then I should add Badr Hari and Gokhan Saki as well and people won't like that.
        im eager to see bad hari get a fight under his belt, just to see how he moves and reacts to punches in there. he doesnt deserve a mention right now but i welcome him to boxing and hope he can make some noise. he wont be thrust into any type of spotlight based on who he is in boxing, so he can take his time since he's only in his mid 20's i think

Comment

Top 2 once the Klitschko's retire

1.Robert Helenius
          2.Denis Boystov

Comment

Oscar Rivas has to be the one to watch for me. Young, American and in incredible shape. Fairly in his career but you can tell he has talent. It's important for the US to have a HW champ every now and again to hold their attention, or else they'll stare too long at shiny things and fall into one of their giant buckets of chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              Top 2 once the Klitschko's retire

1.Robert Helenius
              2.Denis Boystov
              Chisora beat Helenius.

Comment

Oscar Rivas has to be the one to watch for me. Young, American and in incredible shape. Fairly in his career but you can tell he has talent. It's important for the US to have a HW champ every now and again to hold their attention, or else they'll stare too long at shiny things and fall into one of their giant buckets of chicken.
                ...you do realise Rivas is Colombian...right?

Comment

Originally posted by KmanaG View Post
                  ...you do realise Rivas is Colombian...right?
                  Is he? Damn I'm getting mixed up again. Whatever.

Comment

Yeah Rivas is a Colombian who is based in Canada alongside Eleider Alvarez (very exciting Light Heavyweight prospect)..think they are both under Groupe Yvon Michel

Comment

Helenius - just no.
                      For a guy with his kind of natural advantages, he just doesn't use them effectively, preferring to let his opponents punch themselves out behind a tight guard then walking them into big punches as they tire.
                      Effective up to a certain level, but when he is forced to actually take charge in a fight, the results were not impressive.

Boystov may be best short puncher the division has seen in a long time - he can flatten an opponent with 10" room. Also still a little stiff on the outside, but still pretty young for a heavyweight - only time & opposition is going to tell with Boystov.

Comment

Working...
                      X