Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: When Cotto returned to us, he swore on his father he will never leave us

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On his father?

Damn arum is a piece of 5hit.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
      no one said that so far, but also PR media is putting the heat on cotto..
      truth or not cotto is taking lots of heat lately...
      For what... he gets a voluntary first. So he's getting **** because the Top Rank media is telling them too? Arum is pissed off because he's not the best boxing promoter anymore, he's not. RocNation does more than just boxing, they know how to build a brand and that's something Cotto was interested in. Top Rank instead of getting mad, should expand their MARKETING business and not just run off off to China which is all Arum cares about lately. He can't shut up about it.

Cotto seems just as pissed off when he is doing his interviews. You can see him, even on First Take, get visibly PISSED when talking about leaving TR. Todd ran his mouth to the media, obviously taking a cue from Arum in the hopes of hurting Cotto's image to "get even" if you will. Whatever, the guy was offered a better deal and Top Rank couldn't match it and now they're mad because their 2nd biggest PPV draw just left. They see the choke hold on boxing loosing and they can't stand it.

Comment

This is really crazy, I would have never thought Cotto, Todd and Arum would be going at it like this.

Last time Cotto left they left on good terms, no hard words and nothing but respect and love, now its vicious.

But when Todd got involved you kinda sense it was some serious ****.

We can say what we want about Arum, but if Cotto really did make these promises and than lied and left Todd like that who wouldn't be mad?

I could understand if Cotto sat down like before and told Todd, guys I appreciate everything you done for me but its time for me to move on to a new chapter of my life and business. and just went to Roc nation but signing without giving them the heads up to make a counter off or to tell them you are moving on is kinda foul.

Comment

Originally posted by BTL View Post
          On his father?

Damn arum is a piece of 5hit.
          That's the quote that showed me he is just pissed that Cotto left. Why would you even say that, that's a low blow no matter what anyone does. Good for Cotto leaving, now he doesn't have to make Arum money and his old ass can die knowing he lost Oscar, Floyd and Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            For what... he gets a voluntary first. So he's getting **** because the Top Rank media is telling them too? Arum is pissed off because he's not the best boxing promoter anymore, he's not. RocNation does more than just boxing, they know how to build a brand and that's something Cotto was interested in. Top Rank instead of getting mad, should expand their MARKETING business and not just run off off to China which is all Arum cares about lately. He can't shut up about it.

Cotto seems just as pissed off when he is doing his interviews. You can see him, even on First Take, get visibly PISSED when talking about leaving TR. Todd ran his mouth to the media, obviously taking a cue from Arum in the hopes of hurting Cotto's image to "get even" if you will. Whatever, the guy was offered a better deal and Top Rank couldn't match it and now they're mad because their 2nd biggest PPV draw just left. They see the choke hold on boxing loosing and they can't stand it.
            That gig is the only good thing he's got going for himself because it's an untapped market. Monopolies usually crumbe once competition pops up.

Comment

Why would he even say that?

Arum has nothing to offer him but Bradley and Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post

i dont care about arum, i havent criticized this move until i see what rocnation can do for him, if he gets better fights then thats good enough, if he ends up getting crappy fights then that will be a problem... we'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  This is really crazy, I would have never thought Cotto, Todd and Arum would be going at it like this.

Last time Cotto left they left on good terms, no hard words and nothing but respect and love, now its vicious.

But when Todd got involved you kinda sense it was some serious ****.

We can say what we want about Arum, but if Cotto really did make these promises and than lied and left Todd like that who wouldn't be mad?

I could understand if Cotto sat down like before and told Todd, guys I appreciate everything you done for me but its time for me to move on to a new chapter of my life and business. and just went to Roc nation but signing without giving them the heads up to make a counter off or to tell them you are moving on is kinda foul.
                  If he did say that and top rank used that as leverage to under pay him, then he had every right to leave.

Comment

Let me try to translate this fast, but bare with me as I'm supposed to be working and might get distracted

Comment

Ouch lol

Comment

Working...
                      X