Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: I've Lost All Respect For Froch, Kessler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
    Okay well a few points.

Mayweather has never fought outside the US, even before his rise to fame. Do you consider him to be a true champion?

To even consider calling Ward not a true champion, you need to bring up some serious allegations. Saying he hasn't travelled, therefore isn't a champion is not a proper argument. He beat the best there was, in fact, he severely outclassed the best out there.

I see your location is Denmark, so your credibility is questionable from the very start.

As for the Kessler-Ward fight, he was getting outclassed despite the head clashes. 99% of people accept that Ward clearly outclassed Kessler. Are you going to suggest that Ward only won because of head clashes? He would have lost to Kessler? Well if you can back that up with anything, please do, as me, and most of people, saw Kessler struggling against a slick, skilled opponent.

A DQ? They were called as accidental head clashes. It's common practice to deduct points twice, then a third time a DQ. A disqualification is severe, and that fight was not severe whatsoever. I'm afraid you just feel robbed that your fighter lost and seem to blame it on everything apart from Ward's skill.

Ward should travel around a bit more, sure. But he can stay in the US like a lot of big boxing stars do. As for the money argument, it's his decision. Froch and Kessler need Ward way more than Ward needs them. Ward is at the top of the division, by a country mile.

As for Kessler, he really needs to focus on the 2nd best fighter in the division. His win over Froch was not a solid win, as it could have gone either way with no questions asked.
    Well to begin with, i wouldnt compare an ATG to André Ward. Who knows - he might be that one day, but not yet. The DQ wasn't referring to the headbutting but the clinching. Even all the people at ringside talked about it. 88 times initiated holding - that's a DQ. 30 times gets you a point deduction. And no, in no way am I suggesting Kessler would have won but at least he would get a fair crack at the whip. My location has nothing to do with that, I have posted about this fight before I even moved to Denmark in 2010. And I can go back and prove it if you want me to. Basically, all the true champions have travelled every once in a while and he's in an international division where the best are from Europe (other than himself). They came to his country and gave him an opportunity - why shouldn't he do the same? Give me one good reason.

Comment

• Who cares what Ward thinks... its purely jealousy hes never gonna have a fight as big as froch kessler 2 because he is an egotistical boring bastard

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
        Love Ward, but what does he expect? They're opponents, they're not supposed to pick him flowers and write him sonnets.
        Ward is a better fighter than them and is respectful.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
          Okay well a few points.

Mayweather has never fought outside the US, even before his rise to fame. Do you consider him to be a true champion?

To even consider calling Ward not a true champion, you need to bring up some serious allegations. Saying he hasn't travelled, therefore isn't a champion is not a proper argument. He beat the best there was, in fact, he severely outclassed the best out there.

I see your location is Denmark, so your credibility is questionable from the very start.

As for the Kessler-Ward fight, he was getting outclassed despite the head clashes. 99% of people accept that Ward clearly outclassed Kessler. Are you going to suggest that Ward only won because of head clashes? He would have lost to Kessler? Well if you can back that up with anything, please do, as me, and most of people, saw Kessler struggling against a slick, skilled opponent.

A DQ? They were called as accidental head clashes. It's common practice to deduct points twice, then a third time a DQ. A disqualification is severe, and that fight was not severe whatsoever. I'm afraid you just feel robbed that your fighter lost and seem to blame it on everything apart from Ward's skill.

Ward should travel around a bit more, sure. But he can stay in the US like a lot of big boxing stars do. As for the money argument, it's his decision. Froch and Kessler need Ward way more than Ward needs them. Ward is at the top of the division, by a country mile.

As for Kessler, he really needs to focus on the 2nd best fighter in the division. His win over Froch was not a solid win, as it could have gone either way with no questions asked.
          Who is that in your sig giving Canelo the business?

Comment

• Ward should stay busy and am sure the Kessler-Froch winner would probably be an option for him when Bute or Adonis are out of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              And nobody respects you Ward. Not after rejecting a catchweight vs Dawson and then talking about moving up. At least Froch and Kessler travel to fight.

Uh... I respect the hell out of him because he's that freaking good.

Comment

• this is for you ward

Comment

• You shouldn't have had respect for them in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post

this is for you ward
                    And this is for you.....

Ward is the truth, and he will dominate 168 and 175 for YEARS to come.

So your decision to hate on him, fills me with amusement.

Your tears and wailing, will warm my heart over the following years.

Comment

• Originally posted by CraigM View Post
                      Who cares what Ward thinks... its purely jealousy hes never gonna have a fight as big as froch kessler 2 because he is an egotistical boring bastard

A fight as big as Froch-Kessler II? They're getting $2m each, calm down.

Comment

Working...
                      X