Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your OCD symptoms?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excessive hand washing. Using my sleeve or glove to touch door handles or railings outside, or when using ATMs for example.

Repetitive checking of personal belongings when outside. Have never lost anything important though!

Comment

Whenever I leave the house I triple check that the door is definitely locked, push the handle up and down, push the door a few times and even when I'm walking away I'm not sure it's locked and keep looking back to make sure it hasn't opened.

Dunno if that's OCD

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        Whenever I leave the house I triple check that the door is definitely locked, push the handle up and down, push the door a few times and even when I'm walking away I'm not sure it's locked and keep looking back to make sure it hasn't opened.

Dunno if that's OCD

i take more of a liberal approach in characterizing behavior than most, but those are definitely behaviors associated with ODD.

there's no needle that gets stuck into one's head that will determine whether or not somebody "has OCD." it's not measurable in that sense, like a culture for strep throat. we look at the behavior, see it's differentiation from the norm, and classify it as deviant. in this case, we call it OCD.

to answer the TS:

i wash my hands 10 times a day. i jones over my oven being off, and my computer being off and unplugged (keeping it plugged in when it is can drain the battery, or so i am told.) i will walk out of my house, get to my car, and then rush back inside to check on something i literally just did.

i check my pockets for my phone and keys. i used to keep my wallet on me, but it's too much of a hassle. i usually have a money clip, but it will only leave my car if i need it. i'll tap my pockets for each item habitually throughout the night. some people think it a bit daft, but frankly i never lose things, and my peers do.
        if i put an item in my pocket i will recheck it many times over, knowing full well what it is. tickets, my credit or business cards, my license, etc.

it's quirky ****, but it really doesn't do anybody any harm.

Comment

Just seeing clothes on the floor. It makes me start sweating, I've had roomates that left clothes on the floor, it didn't work out for them.

Comment

I have all my money in order from big bills to smaller ones, all of them with all the presidents facing in the same direction..

Comment

Originally posted by !! AI-Holmes!! View Post
              I have all my money in order from big bills to smaller ones, all of them with all the presidents facing in the same direction..

thats some talent.

Comment

i rip 12 sheets of toilet paper before i masturbate.

took me years to figure out that 12 was the perfect number to clean up my spunk afterwards.

anything more or less than 12 just throws off my equilibrium and i can't get hard. i even recount multiple times how many sheets i ripped off mid-jerk.

Comment

Volume or when I heat something up in the microwave always has to be an odd number. Does not HAVE to be but if I do it myself I don't know why, it just seems like its meant to be like that. Weird as **** i know lol

Comment

Working...
                  X