No announcement yet.

The Current Boxrec UK Top Ten

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Current Boxrec UK Top Ten

I know Boxrec is excellent for records but a tad dodgy when it comes to ratings but it's interesting to see the gulf between Froch & EVERYONE ELSE!!!

The gap between Carl, 898 points, & 2nd, 3rd or 4th (David Haye 562, Kell Brook 544, Rocky Burns 518) is pretty much the same as the gap between 4th place & the 20th/25th ranked fighters (e.g. Darren Hamilton 205).

Obviously rating fighters is pretty subjective but this huge difference between 1st & 2nd blew me away.

Of course, after Ricky Burns beats Broner he'll close the gap a little

Yeah boxrec ratings are poor boxing news are far more accurate , but that said British p4p froch would top any list right now

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
      Of course, after Ricky Burns beats Broner he'll close the gap a little
      Ricky Burns has no chance against Broner. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Ricky Burns has no chance against Broner. Sorry.
        My boxing brain agrees but my "underdog pulls off a miracle" gland says otherwise.

Comment

They rank Bellew over Cleverly which I think is probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
            They rank Bellew over Cleverly which I think is probably wrong
            I can see their reasoning on that one, Mr Jones. Their bout was a Majority Decision & Bellews opponents since have been higher ranked (by boxrec) than Cleverlys.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
              Those are objective computer-generated ratings.

They are largely based on the rankings of who they've fought.

Haye hasn't beaten a current top 15 heavyweight. Brook hasn't beaten any of the the best in his division.
              P4P Haye is better than Froch

Haye dominated at Cruiserweight and moved above his natural weight class and still found success

Froch is forever #2 at 168 and he doesn't have the balls to move up to 175, the little ***** would wait for Ward to surpass him even further and move up instead

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoHooker View Post
                P4P Haye is better than Froch

Haye dominated at Cruiserweight and moved above his natural weight class and still found success

Froch is forever #2 at 168 and he doesn't have the balls to move up to 175, the little ***** would wait for Ward to surpass him even further and move up instead
                Marco,

I'm a Haye fan (we're both from SE London) but he didn't "dominate" the cruiserweight division. He beat Mormeck then Maccarinelli & then moved up. That's not dominating. That's a couple of good wins.

His victory over Valuev was excellent but the rest were just so-so up til Klitschko when he was a tad disappointing.

But the big thing about your post that doesn't make you look like a boxing fan is saying that "Froch doesn't have the balls to move up to 175".

Why should he move from a talent laden division to a boring one? He's comfortable at Super middle. Haye was struggling to make cruiser & it's not a glamour division anyway. The heavyweight purses are generally tenfold what the Cruiserweight ones are.

I love both fighters (in a manly way) but saying Froch doesn't have balls is just bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                  The gap between Carl, 898 points, & 2nd, 3rd or 4th (David Haye 562, Kell Brook 544, Rocky Burns 518) is pretty much the same as the gap between 4th place & the 20th/25th ranked fighters (e.g. Darren Hamilton 205).
                  sounds about right. froch is our best fighter by miles, right now.

Comment

Working...
                  X