Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward is the greatest Super Middleweight ever!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    No, he vacated the IBF belt before Kessler. That's how it ultimately ended up with Bute. he won all the belts. he didn't hold them all at the same time.
    my avatar picture show's he's holding them all at the same time lol

Comment

Not yet,but he certainly has the ability to go down as the greatest at the weight imo,i think hes a special talent

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        i think bute is tougher than froch

I don't think he is tougher, but he does have more one punch power. Bute's uppercut is a game changer.

Comment

Originally posted by jermainerambo View Post
          That is a publicity photo. If they show Manny with all his belts that doesn't mean he he'll
          Held them simultaneously.

Comment

Wish Ward would just barrel on ahead and destroy Bute, end this charade of a question as to who runs the division, then take a break followed by moving up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby
              In terms of resume its close between Ward and Steve Collins. Ward can separate with another win in a rematch with Froch/Kessler or by beating Bute

rematches with kessler and froch are unnecessary and wouldn't push anybody beyond any threshold

beating bute would be a serious win. he's not perfect but he's a beast in his prime on a bit of a tear himself.

outside of dirrell its the only business at 168 left unfinished.

it's way too early to make any historic distinctions about andre ward
              the guy is literally in the middle of his prime.

one thing we can say to a degree of certainty is that he's one hell of a boxer.

i think he's the best fighter under 30 in the game.
              unlike donaire (whose power might not carry against bigger men,) ward has a style that can easily work to foil larger opponents. as an amateur he fought at 178!
              Last edited by New England; 12-19-2011, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby
                ???? to beat guys like Kessler or Froch twice would be super impressive and definitely enough to push him over the threshold.

he's already beaten them impressively enough to ensure that they wouldnt have a chance in the second fight

there's no need for it to actually happen

not significant wins, rematches of non-competative fights

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  he's already beaten them impressively enough to ensure that they wouldnt have a chance in the second fight

there's no need for it to actually happen

not significant wins, rematches of non-competative fights
                  Totally agree. And you won't be hearing Froch or Kessler demanding one. Plus it's a very tough ticket to sell, especially outside of Oakland or Denmark/England.

Comment

Originally posted by jermainerambo View Post
                    You do realize fighters get to keep a copy of the title they win for life right?

Comment

rjj wuld destroy ward

wayyy too much for him

ward lacks power- thats his only weakness

Comment

Working...
                      X