Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    hatton was not an elite ww.

he was an elite jww
    hatton was the one who chose to fight floyd at 147 which he though he would be bigger and strong than floyd. they wanted no parts of floyd at 140

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
      Perhaps at 140 he was, but Floyd refused to fight him unless he fought in at 147. Hatton was not elite at 147.

Also Floyd made sure the fight was in his hometown, and with a shady referee to help him (Joe Cortez).
      thats a lie. hatton didnt even entertain the idea of fighting floyd at 40. they wanted him at 47 and floyds belt

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        at the time, castillo and corrales were both considered elite.
        But history will judge floyds opponents with hindsight and retrospect. Now history can see they were over rated. Just like people with hindsight can say DLH was not a great win for Pac as people believe.
        But before the fight he was odds on favourite to beat Pac.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jr won a split decision over a faded Oscar De La Hoya. He beat a much smaller, old Juan Manuel Marquez and an old Genaro Hernandez, and an age 38 Shane Mosley.

His other opponents such as Baldomir and Hatton were good but not really elite fighters.

Why didn't Floyd face Oscar or Shane when they were in their PRIME? Why didn't he fight Tszyu, Casamayor and Forrest some years ago?

Floyd has never defeated an elite fighter in his prime.
          floyd moved to 140 to fight tszyu, he couldve made 135 if he wanted to but wanted bigger fights. kostya was already signed to fight hatton so floyd fought gatti in the meantime picking up a belt. then kostya lost and retired.

idk why ppl even bring up the fact that floyd didnt fight tszyu, if u followed boxing back then u would know floyd was chasing him and more or less made a deal to fight him if kostya got past hatton which he ofcourse didnt.

im a huge fan of casamyor but he ducked floyd, not the other way around. i gotta call it how i see it, and as much as i love el cepillo no **** he and freitas wanted no part of mayweather. corrales was the only one willing to step up and fight.

forrest? i cant recall a time when they were in the same weightclass, forrest moved up to 154 long before floyd made his debut at 147. floyd only had one fight at 154, a money fight against oscar. but 154 was never a good weight for him, on top of that i think forrest was out with an injury during that time.

floyd tried to fight oscar in his prime and called him out countless times, it was oscar who wasnt willing to make the fight happen. he at the time was the face of boxing while floyd was only known by hardcore fans, it didnt bring him much credit or money if he won but at the same time it was a huge risk. dlh didnt want it, they fougth when they did bcuz of him. only when floyd was amongst the biggest mainstream names and was regarded #1 p4p was oscar willing to take that risk.

floyd and shane went back and forth. when shane was at 135 floyd seemed reluctant to fight him. when shane moved up to 147 and started beating top guys there floyd wanted to fight him but that time shane didnt seem to want it. to be fair to shane he took on guys bigger and perceived better than floyd at the time.

i think genaro hernandez was in or just slightly past his prime. corrales was prime for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            But history will judge floyds opponents with hindsight and retrospect. Now history can see they were over rated. Just like people with hindsight can say DLH was not a great win for Pac as people believe.
            no thats wat u and the rest of the ppl on this site who really dont understand what he did do. he was an atg b4 he moved up to 147...u wanna kno why?? well u just commented on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Wait until history judges Fanny Sue's opponents with hindsight.

It won't be pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                floyd moved to 140 to fight tszyu, he couldve made 135 if he wanted to but wanted bigger fights. kostya was already signed to fight hatton so floyd fought gatti in the meantime picking up a belt. then kostya lost and retired.

idk why ppl even bring up the fact that floyd didnt fight tszyu, if u followed boxing back then u would know floyd was chasing him and more or less made a deal to fight him if kostya got past hatton which he ofcourse didnt.

im a huge fan of casamyor but he ducked floyd, not the other way around. i gotta call it how i see it, and as much as i love el cepillo no **** he and freitas wanted no part of mayweather. corrales was the only one willing to step up and fight.

forrest? i cant recall a time when they were in the same weightclass, forrest moved up to 154 long before floyd made his debut at 147. floyd only had one fight at 154, a money fight against oscar. but 154 was never a good weight for him, on top of that i think forrest was out with an injury during that time.

floyd tried to fight oscar in his prime and called him out countless times, it was oscar who wasnt willing to make the fight happen. he at the time was the face of boxing while floyd was only known by hardcore fans, it didnt bring him much credit or money if he won but at the same time it was a huge risk. dlh didnt want it, they fougth when they did bcuz of him. only when floyd was amongst the biggest mainstream names and was regarded #1 p4p was oscar willing to take that risk.

floyd and shane went back and forth. when shane was at 135 floyd seemed reluctant to fight him. when shane moved up to 147 and started beating top guys there floyd wanted to fight him but that time shane didnt seem to want it. to be fair to shane he took on guys bigger and perceived better than floyd at the time.

i think genaro hernandez was in or just slightly past his prime. corrales was prime for sure.

Thank you for speaking the truth sir. That's another one of my biggest pet peeves on here, when people try to say Floyd ducked Tszyu, just plain ignorance.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jr won a split decision over a faded Oscar De La Hoya. He beat a much smaller, old Juan Manuel Marquez and an old Genaro Hernandez, and an age 38 Shane Mosley.

His other opponents such as Baldomir and Hatton were good but not really elite fighters.

Why didn't Floyd face Oscar or Shane when they were in their PRIME? Why didn't he fight Tszyu, Casamayor and Forrest some years ago?

Floyd has never defeated an elite fighter in his prime.
                  cut it out, Floyd is the best period. and u have klitskos on ur page..tell me who they beat? lmmfao!

Comment

• God what a fucking stupid topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                      God what a fucking stupid topic.
                      I got the *****s panties in a bunch!

Floyd discussions always make me laugh - especially the ones about his relationship with Lloyd Ellerbe. :blow:

Comment

Working...
                      X