Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner: I’m Elite, Ricky Burns Will Get Burned!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    So you'll blame it on Burns if the fight doesn't happen? I don't understand why American fighters don't like to travel. If Broner was as confident as he says he is, he wouldn't hesitate to travel to Scotland and dismantle Burns in front of his hometown crowd. What better way to gain new fans?
    Funny thing is that they used to. Off the top of my head, more recently I believe Judah went to Scotland and handed Junior Witter his first L. Whitaker fought in Europe a few times, although he got a raw deal in one of those fights.

I think that's a fair criticism of U.S. fighters.

Comment

I think Broner would dismantle Burns. I like Burns and he is a good honet fighter but so was Demarco. Broner is a special talent and a gigantic lightweight and will only be tested at 140 by Lucas Matthysse or Danny Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
        Broner basically cleaned out out 135 by beating DeMarco's ass its a weak division not much competition for him there I was all for Broner cleaning out the division I changed my mind now I'd rather him go up to 140 and fight meaningful fights than stay at 135 and fight meaningless fights right now he's ready for Rios Garcia Matthysse Khan all tough fights but winnable ones for Broner
        Whoa slow your roll. Abril is the uncrowned LW king, he dominated Rios who is a much tougher foe than Demarco. Broner needs to beat this dude before claiming he cleaned out 135.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
          I see your point, and sort of agree, but at the same time Broner's the star. The logical venue for the fight is Vegas, the Mecca of boxing.
          And as the star, he has more pressure on his back. Too many fans are expecting Burns to be a cakewalk, and some feel that Broner shouldn't even bother fighting him. Broner isn't the only fighter @LW, so it's not like Burns has a shortage of opponents. Sure, Broner is the only media-hyped fighter in that division, but he isn't the only good fighter.

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Funny thing is that they used to. Off the top of my head, more recently I believe Judah went to Scotland and handed Junior Witter his first L. Whitaker fought in Europe a few times, although he got a raw deal in one of those fights.

I think that's a fair criticism of U.S. fighters.
          Also, Bradley fought Witter in the UK and he fought Holt in Canada. It seems like once the networks get behind a fighter, said fighter develops this sense of entitlement where they think their opponent is the one who has to make concessions. It seems like even the fans are beginning to develop the same mentality. The mentality that says, "champions should only travel when they don't have a big fan-base in their own state/country." I remember when fans complained about Khan fighting in D.C., and then dissing him when he lost because the decision didn't go his way. I wish more fighters would take the same risk. Broner and Ward have to take that risk at some point, and the opportunities are staring at them.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 11-18-2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

If his next fight is in Cincy, I'm there.

Comment

Originally posted by 95 DOE or DIE View Post
              I think Broner would dismantle Burns. I like Burns and he is a good honet fighter but so was Demarco. Broner is a special talent and a gigantic lightweight and will only be tested at 140 by Lucas Matthysse or Danny Garcia.
              Meant to say honest fighter.

Comment

Can't see this happening...

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Whoa slow your roll. Abril is the uncrowned LW king, he dominated Rios who is a much tougher foe than Demarco. Broner needs to beat this dude before claiming he cleaned out 135.
                  Abril is a awkward slick fighter who can present some problems for Broner he might be a slightly tougher foe than DeMarco but I think Broner would KO Abril in the late rounds

Comment

Originally posted by S.W.F.C View Post
                    If he's so confident he won't mind going over to Scotland then.
                    Lots of luck. Broner was the challenger and didn't go to Mexico. I complained about the home town advantage on this site and was told to just enjoy the fight. At this level of competition, you can't give the other guy too many advantages. Broner won and would probably have won anywhere, he didn't need all the advantages he got. As for going to Scotland to face Burns, why? Broner doesn't need to impress anybody now, he's the champion. It's up to Burns to do the impressing.

Comment

Originally posted by S.W.F.C View Post
                      If he's so confident he won't mind going over to Scotland then.
                      Now days its all about who puts up the most money. Broner would be even more dangerous in Burns back yard. because he's have something to prove.

Comment

Working...
                      X