No announcement yet.

UK Homeowner Arrested After Suspected Burglars Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    You believe going downstairs and forcing them to fight for their lives is smarter than staying out of the way with your family??? If your answer is yes you're a moron.
    Whatever protects my family would be my first and only thought. Not whether they're armed or not. Its my home, my family and my possessions. I wont stand there and see them do harm to any of them. If that's idiotic to you, then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      As a person who has been outspoken here about not wanting a society where everyone has guns, and think there should be stricter gun regulation, I have to say I find this ridiculous.

How the fuk are you supposed to know the intention of those burglars? What if they were there to rape the man's wife? Of harm his family? I mean, I'm all for gun regulation but sorry, you break into my home, I'm not sitting there debating with you as to what you are doing there, your getting shot no questions asked.
      Excellent post. I don't understand why some people are willing respect the lives of those that can potentially hurt your family.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
        But like another poster said, how are you going to determine if he's in there to steal your possessions of if he's there to harm you or your family? In a situation like that there's no time to make assumptions.
        Then stay upstairs and shoot them if they try to come up, not only does it avoid turning a burglary into a life and death situation, it makes them easier to shoot because they will be lined up single file on the stairs.
        Last edited by Jam Jars; 09-02-2012, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
          Whatever protects my family would be my first and only thought. Not whether they're armed or not. Its my home, my family and my possessions. I wont stand there and see them do harm to any of them. If that's idiotic to you, then so be it.
          OK Rambo you go downstairs shoot one the another kills you, they start talking and they say each others names.......... Suddenly they realise people upstairs have heard them so they decide to kill them too. Rambo not only got himself killed but his family too...........

Comment

Well if you wake up and have the time to go get your gun and go downstairs to shoot them, i think it's safe to say they had no interest in attacking you at all or they would have headed straight for you..
            Your creating hypotheticals and we don't know the details exactly of what happened. I don't like guns, don't take pleasure in them and think there should be stricter gun laws in the U.S, especially in Florida where I live.

At the same time, I own a gun because of stuff like this. Here in the U.S there have been many cases of break in's that result in rape, torture and murder. I'm sure it's happened in the UK as well.

That man had a right to defend his home, he didn't know what the intentions of those men were and he shouldn't have to find out when they are compromising the sanctity of his home and family.

You come into my home, your getting shot. I don't need to "get my gun", it's right next to me when I sleep.

Comment

Your creating hypotheticals and we don't know the details exactly of what happened. I don't like guns, don't take pleasure in them and think there should be stricter gun laws in the U.S, especially in Florida where I live.

At the same time, I own a gun because of stuff like this. Here in the U.S there have been many cases of break in's that result in rape, torture and murder. I'm sure it's happened in the UK as well.

That man had a right to defend his home, he didn't know what the intentions of those men were and he shouldn't have to find out when they are compromising the sanctity of his home and family.

You come into my home, your getting shot. I don't need to "get my gun", it's right next to me when I sleep.
              The smartest approach would be to stay upstairs in any situation.

Comment

OK Rambo you go downstairs shoot one the another kills you, they start talking and they say each others names.......... Suddenly they realise people upstairs have heard them so they decide to kill them too. Rambo not only got himself killed but his family too...........
                Or, do nothing and stay upstairs. As they come up they spot your children, hear the commotion and fear that your wife has because they've gone in their room. They hear it, now I do what you say and decide to take matters in my own hand. Shot one, but the other kills me, and the inevitable happens either way.

I would much rather take my chances by surprising them and shooting first instead of being a coward and hiding in a closet or something. If they don't see me then I have a better chance at protecting them instead of them hearing footsteps, a TV or voices of my children and letting them know people are inside.

My family's lives comes first no matter what and in a situation such as a break in, that's not an exemption. My apologies if I can't see it as you

Comment

The smartest approach would be to stay upstairs in any situation.
                  What if your children are downstairs? Or you don't have an upstairs? I mean come on man, I'm with you that guns kill but you can't reason with people that break into your home, they could be rapists, murderers, you don't know.

Don't tell me people don't get raped and killed in the UK.

Comment

And??? Someone robbing your house isn't a good enough reason to start shooting people. If they were attacked it would be different.

So you have to wait for the intruders to attack you?

Good luck. Don't forget to double check your doors.

Comment

What if your children are downstairs? Or you don't have an upstairs? I mean come on man, I'm with you that guns kill but you can't reason with people that break into your home, they could be rapists, murderers, you don't know.

Don't tell me people don't get raped and killed in the UK.
                      A lot less than America, you know why? Because we don't have to fear being shot by someone and the petty crooks don't (most of the time) so they don't carry weapons and start shooting when a fool tries to be Rambo because someone is stealing his TV.

Comment

Working...
                      X