No announcement yet.

Borderlands 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

We don't always get along, but when it comes to video games or baseball conversation, we're almost always on the same page.
    Yeah, just leave our favorite dog breed[Bull Terrier] out of it. SMH.

Comment

I should note : How I'm level 57 on BL1 without the DLC I have no idea. The "overleveled" achievement where you pass level 50 is supposedly DLC related, but I don't own any of the DLC yet, but it popped for me anyway and let me continue leveling up.

Kinda like how I have the "20 car pile up" achievement for Left 4 Dead's crash course DLC, but I don't have that DLC, either. I just put the disc in one day to go back and attempt some campaigns on expert and as soon as the title screen came up it popped. I was going to finish off the "zombie genocidest" achievement on there because I had less than 10,000 zombies left to kill for the total, but when that achievement popped, it erased my entire kill count.

Since then I've had no desire to even attempt that achievement again. I prefer skill achievements, not grinding ones.
      Oh, that got me too. The thing is that the game initially came with a cap of 50 I believe, then there was an automatic update by the game company that upped the cap to 59 without the DLC, just normal campaign.

DLC allows you a cap of 69 on BLI. When I first learned that, I nearly came.

Comment

Okay, after googling it, it refreshed my memory. It was actually a patch that was released by the game that allowed you to get to level 58 on regular DLC-less campaign. The General Knoxx DLC allows you to get to 69.

I just remembered updating the game once like a normal update and it was patched up automatically with the level cap. As well as the gun chests in New Haven, there used to be all red chests I think, then there was an automatic patch download the game released and made them all cheap silver boxes. New Haven was like a farmers haven so they patched it up. I'm glad they never patched up the armory glitch.

Comment

Picked this up Wednesday, and I'm loving every moment thus far.

At first it took me a little while to get used to the new map system, with your current waypoint being displayed on your mini-map in the upper-righthand corner, instead of being overlayed on your XP bar like in the first 'Borderlands'. But once I got the hang of it I was good to go.

Loot is off the ****ing chain in this one - It's literally everywhere. I also enjoy the addition of the 'Badass Rank' which is seemingly unlimited so long as you continue attaining tokens. Coupling that with the skill points can really make a massive difference in how you choose your character's play style.

The sense of humor on display here is also something to be noted. I find myself laughing out loud much more than I did while playing through the first game. whether it was 'Claptrap's fur mohawk, ice references, or birthday bash, the constant taunting from ''Handsome Jack', or hunting 'Bonerfarts' for [I]'Sir Hammerlock' - The sense of humor in the dialogue here is spectacular.

Currently, I'm a level 18 assassin whom I named '**** Flaps', and my badass rank is 738. I'm pouring most of my badass tokens into added fire rate, gun damage, gun accuracy, recoil reduction, and melee damage. My skill points have all been added into my bloodshed tree - Increasing my melee damage significantly, as well as giving me the dashing slice attack, backstab attack, and cutting down on my cooldown time.

I ****ing love this game.

Comment

Picked this up Wednesday, and I'm loving every moment thus far.

At first it took me a little while to get used to the new map system, with your current waypoint being displayed on your mini-map in the upper-righthand corner, instead of being overlayed on your XP bar like in the first 'Borderlands'. But once I got the hang of it I was good to go.

Loot is off the ****ing chain in this one - It's literally everywhere. I also enjoy the addition of the 'Badass Rank' which is seemingly unlimited so long as you continue attaining tokens. Coupling that with the skill points can really make a massive difference in how you choose your character's play style.

The sense of humor on display here is also something to be noted. I find myself laughing out loud much more than I did while playing through the first game. whether it was 'Claptrap's fur mohawk, ice references, or birthday bash, the constant taunting from ''Handsome Jack', or hunting 'Bonerfarts' for [I]'Sir Hammerlock' - The sense of humor in the dialogue here is spectacular.

Currently, I'm a level 18 assassin whom I named '**** Flaps', and my badass rank is 738. I'm pouring most of my badass tokens into added fire rate, gun damage, gun accuracy, recoil reduction, and melee damage. My skill points have all been added into my bloodshed tree - Increasing my melee damage significantly, as well as giving me the dashing slice attack, backstab attack, and cutting down on my cooldown time.

I ****ing love this game.
            I did the same with Zero, and he becomes really unfairly strong with melee attacks. It's crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              I did the same with Zero, and he becomes really unfairly strong with melee attacks. It's crazy.
              That's awesome.

The friend I'm playing through it with is already complaining about me having a badass rank over 100 higher than her, anyway. So I hope to hear her really complain when I max out my bloodshed tree.

I love Zero's lines when he goes into deception mode. Dude is overly dramatic as hell.

Comment

Level 33 Assassin build with a badass rank of nearly 4,000.

I've made a concerted effort to distribute all of my badass tokens evenly, giving me roughly +5% to every bonus possible thus far, but now I find myself wondering if doing so was as wise as I had originally thought it would be.

My bloodshed tree is almost maxed out, as I only have a few more areas to enhance, and I've recently gotten the final skill in that tree that allows you to spawn another clone for additional stealth time with every enemy kill.

Overall I'm still in love with this game, and my only gripes with it are that I don't get to play it often enough, and I wish I could reset my badass tokens to specialize in 1-3 specific areas.

Comment

Finised playtrough 1 about a week ago, but I'm still messing around on it to increase my badass rank and overall level before I start up the 'true vault hunter' playthrough.

Currently I'm a level 38 assassin with a badass rank of over 8,000, +6% added to every stat, and only 2 more branches to fill in before I max out my bloodshed tree.

And I still haven't found 'Donkey Mong'. Everytime I look for him I either get 'King Mong' or nothing at all. My girlfriend is also having a hard time finding Michael Mamaril, as I found him at the beginning of our playthrough and we've not seen him since, despite looking for him everytime we enter 'Sanctuary'.

I've had a total of 4 legendary weapons thus far : The infinity, the flame of the firehawk, some crummy shotgun, and the badaboom rocket launcer. Though none of them have done much damage due to me finding them all at low levels.

I'm also going to go ahead and finally buy all of the DLC for the original later this week, as I was putting it off until I finished playthrough 1 on BL2.

Comment

Finised playtrough 1 about a week ago, but I'm still messing around on it to increase my badass rank and overall level before I start up the 'true vault hunter' playthrough.

Currently I'm a level 38 assassin with a badass rank of over 8,000, +6% added to every stat, and only 2 more branches to fill in before I max out my bloodshed tree.

And I still haven't found 'Donkey Mong'. Everytime I look for him I either get 'King Mong' or nothing at all. My girlfriend is also having a hard time finding Michael Mamaril, as I found him at the beginning of our playthrough and we've not seen him since, despite looking for him everytime we enter 'Sanctuary'.

I've had a total of 4 legendary weapons thus far : The infinity, the flame of the firehawk, some crummy shotgun, and the badaboom rocket launcer. Though none of them have done much damage due to me finding them all at low levels.

I'm also going to go ahead and finally buy all of the DLC for the original later this week, as I was putting it off until I finished playthrough 1 on BL2.
                    I have the legendary shield DoubleYou Tee Eff. It's mental, super high rating, drops boosters when you get hit that you can pick up to replenish but also fires shock weapon IEDs.

Comment

Sounds sweet.

I need to re-up my XBL Gold account so I can actually play with you instead of sending you boring texts. It'd also help for duping legendary items for people who aren't complete ****s.

Me and my gf tried our hands at 'Terramorphous' the other day at level 38. That was a laugh. I won't be seeing that prick again until I'm packing either the conference call and the bee, or the baby maker and an epic class mod/relic combo.

I also suck at getting golden keys. Everytime I remember to check gearbox's twitter the last giveaway was like a week ago, and even then they're apparently only good for a few hours, so you'd have to either be expecting it or have no life whatsoever in order to get the drop on it.

Still haven't hit triple vault symbols on the slot machine, either. I've probably sank close to a million bucks into that damn thing, too. (I only play the one in Moxxi's bar closest to the doorway, because in my warped mind it's the most likely to hit since I've dropped more cash into it.)

Christ, I could talk about this video game all day and still have stuff to talk about. I've found myself looking at legendary weapons variations and their accompanying stats more than I have **** or boxing in the last week.

Farming. :wank:

Comment

Working...
                      X