No announcement yet.

My British and World P4P lists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CONORBOBWEAVE View Post
    Can somebody explain why Martinez is anywhere near the P4P#2 spot please? I give the man his credit but what has he done really? A win and a loss against P.Will and a win over Pavlik. That's good enough for P4P#2? Really?
    Undefeated in 10 years since losing to Margarito. He got robbed vs. Williams imo, I had him up by 2 or 3 rounds. Then KO'd Williams who was in everyone's P4P lists. Also destroyed lineal Middleweight champion Pavlik and is now Lineal MW champ himself. Also got robbed vs. Cintron, should have won instead of drawing.

Comment

wouldnt have haye at 2 after all his ducking

Comment

Originally posted by seany1 View Post
        wouldnt have haye at 2 after all his ducking
        don't be silly, he's not ducking. he's waiting until he gets a fair share of the money, the fight will get made next year after his mandatory.

Haye was Lineal Cruiserweight champion too bear in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
          Undefeated in 10 years since losing to Margarito. He got robbed vs. Williams imo, I had him up by 2 or 3 rounds. Then KO'd Williams who was in everyone's P4P lists. Also destroyed lineal Middleweight champion Pavlik and is now Lineal MW champ himself. Also got robbed vs. Cintron, should have won instead of drawing.
          Surely Froch's resume > Martinez's resume, I honestly don't get how hes top 3 in most peoples lists. Pavlik was always overrated and was waiting to get beaten and the Bernard loss sapped all his confidence. Williams was way way overrated what had he done? Wright is most likely his best win and he had seen better days, Williams was absoutley pasted by Quintana but he did well to comeback and win. But seriously does beating Pavlik, Cintron & Williams get you top 3 p4p? I'd like to see Martinez take on a few more people before putting him that high.

Comment

Originally posted by OpaiSoma View Post
            that i absolutely agree
            so u think i should swap Bradley and Froch?

Comment

So basically what I said, he's beat Pavlik and Williams. Struggling to see how he even gets into the top 8 personally but hey ho.

Comment

Can't argue with your world list,

My British below

1) Carl Froch
                2) David Haye
                3) Nathan Cleverley
                4) Kell Brook
                5) Amir Khan
                6) Darren Barker. Will beat Macklin IMO
                7) John Murray
                8) Ricky Burns
                9) Jason "2 smooth" Booth
                10) Derek Chisora

Comment

don't be silly, he's not ducking. he's waiting until he gets a fair share of the money, the fight will get made next year after his mandatory.

Haye was Lineal Cruiserweight champion too bear in mind.
                  hope you are correct about fight in 2011 but klit was on sky sports show and said a 50/50 fight and no rematch clause and yet still nadda happening so far , also haye beat mormeck and a glass jawed enzo so not exactly great wins m8 especially since an old mormeck dropped haye

Comment

Originally posted by Estar View Post
                    Surely Froch's resume > Martinez's resume, I honestly don't get how hes top 3 in most peoples lists. Pavlik was always overrated and was waiting to get beaten and the Bernard loss sapped all his confidence. Williams was way way overrated what had he done? Wright is most likely his best win and he had seen better days, Williams was absoutley pasted by Quintana but he did well to comeback and win. But seriously does beating Pavlik, Cintron & Williams get you top 3 p4p? I'd like to see Martinez take on a few more people before putting him that high.
                    Originally posted by CONORBOBWEAVE View Post
                    So basically what I said, he's beat Pavlik and Williams. Struggling to see how he even gets into the top 8 personally but hey ho.
                    Sergio defeated Paul "the most avoided boxer in the world" Williams twice, who was in most peoples top 5 P4P lists. That must surely put him in the top 5 himself. He also took apart Kelly Pavlik who was also a top-10 P4P fighter and Lineal-champ at Middleweight and is now lineal champ himself. He therefore is surely top 3 P4P as I think he deserves to be higher than JMM.

Froch on the other hand, beat Taylor who was a former lineal champ. Froch beat Pascal who is now Lineal LHW champ but if they were to fight now, who knows what'll happen. He beat Dirrell (barely) and also took apart Abraham. however he lost to Kessler, but I scored the Kessler fight a draw, so I think he deserves to be higher than Kessler. He has consistently beaten top class opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by adietheforestfa View Post
                      Can't argue with your world list,

My British below

1) Carl Froch
                      2) David Haye
                      3) Nathan Cleverley
                      4) Kell Brook
                      5) Amir Khan
                      6) Darren Barker. Will beat Macklin IMO
                      7) John Murray
                      8) Ricky Burns
                      9) Jason "2 smooth" Booth
                      10) Derek Chisora
                      Cleverley can go a long way for sure. Kell Brook too because Welterweight is really weak if u take out Mayweather and Pacman. Brook will beat Mike Jones and could maybe beat Berto too. But I think Khan is higher than them, he's beaten Malignaggi and Kotelnik recently (Kotelnik should be unified LWW champ as he beat Alexander). Plus Khan is going to outbox Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                      X