No announcement yet.

Pros Pick. Diaz vs Zaromskis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pros Pick. Diaz vs Zaromskis

A matchup between Nick Diaz and Marius Zaromskis headlines the Strikeforce card Saturday in Miami, and it could be an electrifying affair.

Zaromskis is a wild striker with power in his legs and his fists. The young Lithuanian bomber is also a significant underdog, though, against Diaz, a veteran of almost 30 professional contests who has tangled with a who’s who of MMA.

Diaz has been on a tear as of late, winning five in a row. The native of Stockton, Calif., is a crafty puncher with a strong submission game, and most insiders think he will prevail against the lesser-known Zaromskis.

However, Diaz likes to engage on the feet, and that could play right into the strength of Zaromskis. Dream’s welterweight champion, Zaromskis has reeled off five consecutive wins that include some incredible head-kick knockouts.

Who will win? Sherdog.com caught up with the professionals of the sport for their evaluation:

Michael Guymon: Diaz takes this one by annoying his opponent to death.

Mike Ciesnolevicz: Nick Diaz always wins fights that I think he will lose. He has become one of the top guys in the game with a very unorthodox yet well-rounded style, not to mention he is as tough as they come. I think he executes his game plan perfectly and wears Zaromskis down by throwing hundreds of punches before finishing him with a kimura or rear choke. Diaz then gets on the microphone and says, "What do you want from me man? I just woke up!"

Stav Economou: Marius is good, but not good enough to beat Diaz. Diaz wins (via) second-round submission.

Tom Gavrilos: This fight will go to Diaz. He will outwork Marius and most likely catch him in a submission.

Ray Elbe: Nick Diaz proves once again why medical marijuana should be supported by everyone in the USA by winning this fight at 4:20 of the first round with a choke so tight it literally vaporizes Zaromskis to sleep.

Robin Black: I would put some money on Zaromskis for the upset, but, frankly, Diaz scares the s--t out of me. He might hunt down everyone who bets against him and cut them all. I don't want to get cut. Especially in the face. No, I'll just go with Diaz.

Benji Radach: I gotta go with our American fighter Nick Diaz. He has to watch out for that left tricky high kick, but I think Nick knows how to train and can prepare to take that out of his game. CIRCLE TO THE LEFT NICK (laughs)! I think Nick is more of a veteran, and his style of boxing will throw the foreign fighter off of his game.

Kultar Gill: Nick Diaz by submission in the first round. Soon as it hits the ground, it's going to be over.

Gabe Ruediger: Nick is more well-rounded and should pull it off. Zaromskis can always land that head kick, which he seems to be landing at will, but Nick’s very game standing and a black belt in BJJ.

Stephane Vigneault: Nick Diaz all the way by TKO. He is incredible since he left the UFC.

Roland Sarria: Diaz will press him and will win by stoppage in the first round.

Ricardo Liborio: Diaz by submission, round one.

Erik Paulson: Nick Diaz is at the top of his game right now, and I really enjoy watching him fight. He really imposes his outstanding game plan every time he fights. For me, with his upcoming fight, I see him the victor. He has all ranges covered and is definitely great at all three ranges, which makes him a dangerous opponent.

Din Thomas: I got Nick Diaz by Stockton gang signs beoootch!

Zac George: Marius could head kick the Diazinator into a full-blown coma. However, I see Diaz “smoking” him on the ground.

Jake Shields: This should be a great fight, and I have an obvious bias since I am good friends and training partners with Nick. But that being said, I think this fight will start out super exciting and high-paced. But Nick will bring too much pressure and will end up submitting or KOing him late in the second round.

Duke Roufus: Nick Diaz by mean mug, b--ch!

Luigi Fioravanti: Marius is unpredictable and unorthodox on his feet, which can pose a threat to any fighter. Diaz is tough as hell and has fought some of the best. He is more experienced than Marius and very good on the ground, where he will be most dangerous. Diaz by submission.

Micah Miller: Nick by submission. I don’t think there is such a thing as jiu jitsu in Lithuania.

Kit Cope: Zaromskis is a bad dude, but Nick is a world of problems for any man. Everybody looks at Nick’s punches and thinks that they won’t be effective, but Nick has a way of slowly draining the life out of you and then finishing you just before you’d take a nap on your own. Plus he can take a helluva wallop! My prediction is that exactly that will happen to Zaromskis. I see another Gomi/Diaz-type of battle with Nick again finishing the fight after s--t talking at Marius the whole way through!

Pros who picked Diaz: 20
    Pros who picked Zaromskis: 0
    Pros who couldn’t decide: 0

From Sherdog...
Working...
X